• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sandy Square - Ocean City, MD

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
Just confirmed a week here but can't find any real info. Doesn't look like they have a pool - which is a bummer. Anyone know anything about this place. Need info before tomorrow.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
No pool. When would you be going?

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
Dates are June 19-26 that should be good time but wondering what property updating is like

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Did you check Trip advisor? Is this an RCI or II resort? Another question, why do you need a pool if resort is on the beach?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The ocean is going to still be chilly at that time. A pool would have been nice but pools generally aren't heated either so it could have been cold too. I can't help you about updating.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Gjhardt! Here is your chance to become a pioneer. Join Tug and after your vacation write a review of the resort, for the rest of us! Have a great time!
Silentg

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
I am a tug member - I did keep it - will do a review when we get back.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister's family (the other side) owns a beachfront condo in OC, MD. No POOL there either - 5 story building. It looks just like a TS condo up the street and I regularly advertise HER full share condo for rent on Redweek using that TS condo site.

There is a week (or 2) in late JUNE when MANY families do NOT like going to OC, MD as it is call HS graduation (Seniors) week .... I think your week is too early for that. My sister gets regular inquiries for THOSE WEEKs - her family or her sister-in-law personally USE those beach weeks. A unit gets trashed that week trashes most of the summer rental season. Unbelievable number of parents are just CLUELESS as to what "their" children & friends will do... she gets MORE calls to rent for those 2 weeks than for the rest of the entire summer combined.

Last edited:

mike130

TUG Member
Reaction score
I walked by Sandy Square a couple of years ago. It’s a well-kept four story, ocean front building. No pool. Only one floor are timeshares, the rest are wholly owned. The timeshares are on the second or third floor so you should be high enough to see over the dunes

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With Ocean City it is expectations. I think Sandy Square is one of the nicer timeshares in Ocean City. I would expect clean and comfortable (which is more than you can say about 40% of the rental properties and hotel/motels in the area) but not particularly updated or fancy. You may be their during some senior weeks but I don't think you need to worry about where you are staying.

I grew up in the area and we grew up with the thought of having a pool when you are staying at the ocean is silly. You can hang out at the pool at home. The pools in Ocean City are generally not heated and just about as plain as they come.