• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

San Francisco ??

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Husband side of the family is have a Reunion May 2013. And wants to exchange into the San Fran Area. I can use my 1 bed SDO, if I have to. Not sure what it would pull, it's just the 2 of us. I know that I should put in a request first into II. But which resort would be my best option??. We have not been to the San Fran Area in over 30 years. PLease Help. TIA

maggiesmom

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are concerned about not getting the exchange, post an exchange wanted in the marketplace. I remember seeing a Fisherman's Wharf open to all comparable trades and Wyndham and WorldMark owners can get you a reservation.

Even if you have a request with an exchange company already set up, you might find a TUGger who can secure your stay faster.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another idea too

My Husband side of the family is have a Reunion May 2013. And wants to exchange into the San Fran Area. I can use my 1 bed SDO, if I have to. Not sure what it would pull, it's just the 2 of us. I know that I should put in a request first into II. But which resort would be my best option??. We have not been to the San Fran Area in over 30 years. PLease Help. TIA

maggiesmom

Worldmark has a resort in SF and sometimes Worldmark owners would like to trade with private exchanges. I don't have the right URL to go to that website, but maybe someone in TUG can give it to you.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would contact SFX and do this particular exchange through them. We have stayed at Powell Place twice and highly recommend it. May shouldn't be tough to get via exchange, however you decide to go.

Wyndham Canterbury does bank quite a few weeks, but I would personally prefer Powell Place over Canterbury. The kitchen wasn't much, but it sufficed for us, and they do daily housekeeping at Powell Place. I loved it and felt I went back in time several decades, as I walked into the door and got our room key each day from the counter. Really something. Beautiful place, and I got one of the exchanges with summer Sheraton Broadway Plantation, a small 1 bedorom.

Elena is a good contact at SFX.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year I got two 1-bedroom trades in SF, one in Aug and one in Sept, without too much difficulty from SFX.

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
We enjoyed our stay at Powell Place in June, 2010. We got it on exchange through Dial and Exchange. It did not appear in their online inventory but they got it for us on request.

It is not a fancy resort, but it is a comfortable, quaint setting and very conveniently located.

One cable car goes right past the front door and another crosses less than a block away. Using a pass, we were able to get all over the city by cable car and bus. Many sites are also within walking distance if you don't mind a few hills.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham routinely offers us points owners discounts at canterbury...so I would assume they also deposit to RCI.