• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which is your favorite?

• Worldmark Oceanside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Club Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Hilton Grand Vacations at Marbrisa

• Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaPointe Resort

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Worldmark San Diego - Mission Valley

• Total voters

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Today I am comparing 5 Timeshare is the San Diego area. San Diego is one of my favorite destinations because of the beaches and the good year round weather. My comparison criteria are 1) Ocean Views 2) Cost of one bedroom 3) Best pool 4) Overall quality 5) Close to Ocean 6) Close to San Diego. If you have different priorities, you might end up with a different ranking. Warning... I have a bit of a bias toward the beach towns over in the city itself. I do like the San Diego museums, but I prefer the little beach towns. If you are more of a city person, your rankings would be different. And I found that all (or at least most) city timeshares make you pay for parking (which I hate).

I should also mention that I would go back to any of them again. In fact, I have outstanding reservations at two of them already as I am planning a family holiday get together so I will be reviewing a two bedroom instead of a studio (in the future).

San Diego Comparison of WM Oceanside, Club Wyndham Oceanside Pier, HGV at MarBrisa, HGV at SeaPointe, and WM Mission Valley

Map of all my timeshare reviews

1626879247090.png

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I am comparing 5 Timeshare is the San Diego area. San Diego is one of my favorite destinations because of the beaches and the good year round weather. My comparison criteria are 1) Ocean Views 2) Cost of one bedroom 3) Best pool 4) Overall quality 5) Close to Ocean 6) Close to San Diego. If you have different priorities, you might end up with a different ranking. Warning... I have a bit of a bias toward the beach towns over in the city itself. I do like the San Diego museums, but I prefer the little beach towns. If you are more of a city person, your rankings would be different. And I found that all (or at least most) city timeshares make you pay for parking (which I hate).

I should also mention that I would go back to any of them again. In fact, I have outstanding reservations at two of them already as I am planning a family holiday get together so I will be reviewing a two bedroom instead of a studio (in the future).

San Diego Comparison of WM Oceanside, Club Wyndham Oceanside Pier, HGV at MarBrisa, HGV at SeaPointe, and WM Mission Valley

Map of all my timeshare reviews

View attachment 37789

Did you stay in one of the hotel units on the backside or one of the timeshare units on the beachside at Oceanside Pier?

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you stay in one of the hotel units on the backside or one of the timeshare units on the beachside at Oceanside Pier?

I have stayed in the hotel on the backside and also in a one bedroom... Way prefer the one bedroom because I had a view of the ocean from my deck.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed in the hotel on the backside and also in a one bedroom... Way prefer the one bedroom because I had a view of the ocean from my deck.

Agree, and the train horn when you are on the backside, yeesh....

On that note, how is train noise at Marbrisa and Seapointe?

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agree, and the train horn when you are on the backside, yeesh....

On that note, how is train noise at Marbrisa and Seapointe?
I didn't have a problem with the train noise at SeaPointe because it was down in a hollow and the hotel is on a hill.... I think MarBrisa is far enough away you don't hear it.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't have a problem with the train noise at SeaPointe because it was down in a hollow and the hotel is on a hill.... I think MarBrisa is far enough away you don't hear it.

Funny, I always imagine that area...Legoland, the flower fields, to be closer to the beach than it actually is. Speaking of the flower fields, Grand Pacific Palisades is on my list to stay someday.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Funny, I always imagine that area...Legoland, the flower fields, to be closer to the beach than it actually is. Speaking of the flower fields, Grand Pacific Palisades is on my list to stay someday.
I have a reservation for February 2022 at the Grand Pacific Palisades.... It is on my list as well.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Worldmark Mission Valley has no views of anything but we liike the location for access to everything. Worldmark Oceanside may have a distant view of the Ocean but it is easy walking distance. It is a bit of a drive to actual San Diego.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Mission Valley has no views of anything but we liike the location for access to everything. Worldmark Oceanside may have a distant view of the Ocean but it is easy walking distance. It is a bit of a drive to actual San Diego.
All true what you wrote. I found myself doing a day trip (or two) to San Diego when staying in Oceanside or Carlsbad resorts for a week

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
All true what you wrote. I found myself doing a day trip (or two) to San Diego when staying in Oceanside or Carlsbad resorts for a week

Did you take the Coaster? We prefer that to driving.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you take the Coaster? We prefer that to driving.

I drove to San Diego, but I was thinking about the coaster.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I drove to San Diego, but I was thinking about the coaster.

Try it next time, the all day senior pass is a bargain, you can transfer to the trolley system or buses and get all over the area. The station is very convenient in Oceanside, and you can walk to Poinsettia station from Seapointe. Free parking at the stations. It sometimes gets crowded coming back with downtown commuters or baseball fans when the Padres have a game.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Try it next time, the all day senior pass is a bargain, you can transfer to the trolley system or buses and get all over the area. The station is very convenient in Oceanside, and you can walk to Poinsettia station from Seapointe. Free parking at the stations. It sometimes gets crowded coming back with downtown commuters or baseball fans when the Padres have a game.

The biggest problem lately has been Coaster shutdowns. There has been some construction and sometimes they shut it down for the weekend. Just make sure to check before you buy tickets to something downtown with the intent of using the Coaster.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
It gets crowded, but imagine i5 traffic through the funnel north of LA Jolla at those times!

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Absolutely will try it

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Ooooh, the Coaster! We stayed at WM Oceanside last month for a visit to the San Diego County Fair. We purchased the Fair ticket that included North County Transit (Coaster, Bus, etc) and had a blast. What a lovely visit the coast!!

Paul_C

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Pacific Palisades
I’ve stayed at The Carlsbad Seapointe many times, and it’s one of my favorite places in the San Diego area. It’s very close to the ocean, just across Pacific Coast Highway, and the resort is also accessible to all the restaurants and shops as well. All the units pretty much face the ocean. They also have two separate pools, one for adults only with a nice view and a separate pool and playground area for children and children’s activities. If we have no children along, the adult pool is especially relaxing!

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ve stayed at The Carlsbad Seapointe many times, and it’s one of my favorite places in the San Diego area. It’s very close to the ocean, just across Pacific Coast Highway, and the resort is also accessible to all the restaurants and shops as well. All the units pretty much face the ocean. They also have two separate pools, one for adults only with a nice view and a separate pool and playground area for children and children’s activities. If we have no children along, the adult pool is especially relaxing!
I loved Carlsbad SeaPointe also

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at all of these except the Wyndham, and mostly agree with your assessments. We consistently stay at Marbrisa because "private entrance to Legoland" matters to us much more than a potential ocean view.

That said, I'm surprised at your cost assessment. I have Worldmark Oceanside as cheaper than the HGVC properties. Some of that is the fact that I use 2/3 bedroom units (which HGVC marks up more than WM compared to a 1 br) but even with that I'd be curious to see your math.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've stayed at all of these except the Wyndham, and mostly agree with your assessments. We consistently stay at Marbrisa because "private entrance to Legoland" matters to us much more than a potential ocean view.

That said, I'm surprised at your cost assessment. I have Worldmark Oceanside as cheaper than the HGVC properties. Some of that is the fact that I use 2/3 bedroom units (which HGVC marks up more than WM compared to a 1 br) but even with that I'd be curious to see your math.
My ownership is in Las vegas so my maintenance is $900 (ignoring the club dues)... I have 7000 points so that is $150/1000 points.... the one bedroom when I was there was 3400 points or about $520/ week or about $75/night (using round numbers..