• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Salesmen Invading...

shoeie

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I belong to a few (probably two or three) Facebook MVC owners groups. While they are nothing compared to resource that TUG is, they have proven useful as another source of information, exchange of ideas, etc.

Recently, there has been a surge of new MVC owners joining some of the FB groups asking for advice about new purchases. Of course several folks on the threads (myself included) usually ask if the purchase is very recent (within a few days) and if so advise them to rescind. I always helpfully include a link to TUG and urge them to join, learn and then make an informed decision regarding timeshare purchasing.

I've noticed, very recently, a small but militant group of folks in VERY strong language heavily criticizing ANYONE who dares question the orthodoxy of purchasing resale, and spreading a phenomenal amount of disinformation! Low and behold, I decided to do a very minimal amount of investigation and guess what? All TS salesmen.

No surprise to anyone here, but sheesh!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
So, I belong to a few (probably two or three) Facebook MVC owners groups. While they are nothing compared to resource that TUG is, they have proven useful as another source of information, exchange of ideas, etc.

Recently, there has been a surge of new MVC owners joining some of the FB groups asking for advice about new purchases. Of course several folks on the threads (myself included) usually ask if the purchase is very recent (within a few days) and if so advise them to rescind. I always helpfully include a link to TUG and urge them to join, learn and then make an informed decision regarding timeshare purchasing.

I've noticed, very recently, a small but militant group of folks in VERY strong language heavily criticizing ANYONE who dares question the orthodoxy of purchasing resale, and spreading a phenomenal amount of disinformation! Low and behold, I decided to do a very minimal amount of investigation and guess what? All TS salesmen.

Are they paid by MVC to go in these groups or doing it on their own? How’d you find out they are timeshare salespeople?

shoeie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they paid by MVC to go in these groups or doing it on their own? How’d you find out they are timeshare salespeople?
I certainly can't answer whether they are paid by MVC to do it. But, several don't have their FB profiles set to private, so just clicking on them and perusing around ... it was pretty obvious what they do for a living.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Call them out in the Facebook group.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect that MVCI isn't aware that they are posting in these groups. They don't take too kindly to employees discussing timeshares in an official or unofficial capacity on social media. We have seen a few come around TUG and they would disappear without a trace. Likely their employer put the kibosh on it. Since most Facebook groups are private, chances are that the higher ups aren't in the same groups. Of course it is possible that this activity is sanctioned by Marriott, but I doubt it.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Thanks to Jeremy and my subscription to Destination Timeshare to view all his updates my YouTube AI led me to videos from "Timeshare Sales Mastery" with 135 videos. Topics include:

1.) The greatest persuasion tool of all time to get even the most stubborn and resistant person to take action
2.) Overcoming sales objections is easy
3.) 4 tips to sell more timeshare and make more money

Very entertaining to say the least and great videos for anyone attending a sales presentation!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks to Jeremy and my subscription to Destination Timeshare to view all his updates my YouTube AI led me to videos from "Timeshare Sales Mastery" with 135 videos. Topics include:

1.) The greatest persuasion tool of all time to get even the most stubborn and resistant person to take action
2.) Overcoming sales objections is easy
3.) 4 tips to sell more timeshare and make more money

Very entertaining to say the least and great videos for anyone attending a sales presentation!
Yes, I have seen that channel and watched a number of her videos. Very interesting indeed. It is quite interesting the channels and videos that I am pushed with having the channel. Of course there are those timeshare exit ads too that have started to popup again.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I admin a number of Marriott FB groups (Marriott’s on HHI, Monarch and Grand Chateau) and an II FB group. Point it out to the FB admin via private message so there postings can be monitored. It is highly unlikely Marriott put them up to it given the largest Marriott FB group has maybe 12k members.

As long as a person doesn’t violate any group rules, their profession shouldn’t come into play. If it did, I would have to block all lawyers (joking, my son is one).

I also admin a Foodie group for HHI. Restaurants can join as good owners and managers. I do ask if they do, they identify themselves. Most comply. If one is a TS salesperson, they should identify themselves as such.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If one is a TS salesperson, they should identify themselves as such.
I agree. If they have a conflict of interest or bias, that should be disclosed. I am often accused of being a timeshare salesperson in the comments on a number of my YouTube videos. If someone took the time to watch more of my videos, they would realize I am not.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. If they have a conflict of interest or bias, that should be disclosed. I am often accused of being a timeshare salesperson in the comments on a number of my YouTube videos. If someone took the time to watch more of my videos, they would realize I am not.

You seriously mean that you're really not? :cheer:

Just kidding! But, I believe you'd do far better than most TS Salespeople. At least your pitch would be very accurate!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I too have been accused of being a salesperson likely because I believe in following the rules, understanding the product and personal responsibility.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dioxide45, I for one have enjoyed your YouTube videos. Please do not stop sharing your videos with us.

Your YouTube videos are very helpful in making timeshare vacation decisions . :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I find your videos very helpful in my decision making as to where I would like to vacation..and the pros and cons of resorts..in the world of timeshare vacationing information is the key…Jeremy..a timeshare salesman???…I think not..keep the information coming..I for one never can get enough information on resorts I’m interested in vacationing at..and even the ones I’m not interested in..keep the informative videos coming.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
You seriously mean that you're really not? :cheer:

Just kidding! But, I believe you'd do far better than most TS Salespeople. At least your pitch would be very accurate!

Nope. He just plays one on (YouTube) TV...:D

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

It’s pretty bad. You can usually tell who is a MVC employee or sales rep. It’s a shame because I do feel there are new owners who are generally asking for sound advice. I was kicked out of a FB group for recommending TUG. The admin wasn’t a MVC rep or anything, she was just grossly Misinformed as she stated TUG was a scam LOL. Talk about Sheesh!!

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
It’s pretty bad. You can usually tell who is a MVC employee or sales rep. It’s a shame because I do feel there are new owners who are generally asking for sound advice. I was kicked out of a FB group for recommending TUG. The admin wasn’t a MVC rep or anything, she was just grossly Misinformed as she stated TUG was a scam LOL. Talk about Sheesh!!

What did Jack Nicholson’s character say in the movie, “A Few Good Men”? ‘’You can’t handle the truth!”