• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sales Folks Sold Discount Point Idea as Reserve/Cancel/Rebook

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS FRAUD ATTEMPT?

• Agree

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
RESERVE EARLY/CANCEL n REBOOK
NO LONGER!!!!!

How many of you were sold points, points, and more points at the constant meetings by presenters showing various ways to get your 35 - 50% points back? and then they calculate how many points you'd actually have!
Then, you call to cancel n REBOOK to be told there's a real chance that You will lose your unit because when you cancel your unit, it goes back into the live inventory. Anyone looking at inventory at the time could possibly RESERVE it. (I have lost one in over 20 years) NOW, I'm being told from the helpful people on the VIP line that because of the automatic upgrades, the computer will be searching for any unit put back into the system to use for upgrades and most suredly we will lose our units if we try this. I call FRAUD on this. They sold us points after points with this idea and now they are reneging

By doing this, they are making much more money. This was the final straw for us.

In addition, The sales people have encouraged ways to sell your points to help pay for maintenance fees. NOW that we won't be able to BOOK/CANCEL/REBOOK we won't be able to afford to get deals cheap enough to sell.

VIP lady told me that the 35 - 50% discount was never meant to be used that way anyway. That was news to me after 20 years. She said it was meant to be used during the 60 day time frame. My response was that there is very little to no inventory during the 60 day period. Her response was that it was never meant to be used that way.

I understand that this method ties up inventory but we were taught this from the beginning by Wyndham' s own people.

What are your thoughts, fellow owners?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is some small print that basically says, Wyndham can change anything anytime. It's their get of lawsuit card. . .

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There is some small print that basically says, Wyndham can change anything anytime. It's their get of lawsuit card. . .
Yes, you r right. Somehow, I doubt that would hold up in court if owner after owner testified to this practice.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed I heard that cancel rebook way to get a discounted room many times and encouraged to use it to rent and make money to pay fees, BUT, I learned long ago not to believe what they say and to read and believe the fine print in the directory. Got to agree with your question above and sorry you got taken in by it. There are probably many others, but this is a technique profiting from a loophole and not something in the Members' Directory.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes indeed I heard that cancel rebook way to get a discounted room many times and encouraged to use it to rent and make money to pay fees, BUT, I learned long ago not to believe what they say and to read and believe the fine print in the directory. Got to agree with your question above and sorry you got taken in by it. There are probably many others, but this is a technique profiting from a loophole and not something in the Members' Directory.
I guess you are right. We have used this system for 20 years. Our son is staying at Majestic this weekend. I want him to attend a meeting to see if they are still using this tactic to sale points.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you r right. Somehow, I doubt that would hold up in court if owner after owner testified to this practice.

The problem is that the cancel/rebook technique was always a loophole, and as is usually the case with loopholes, there is no written evidence that it was officially endorsed by Wyndham. Rogue salespersons are at fault, they'll claim. (At my last update in January, they were actively denying any endorsement of cancel/rebook.)

They can always claim they discovered the loophole and did what was needed to close it. Anyone who benefited from said loophole was simply lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
NOW, I'm being told from the helpful people on the VIP line that because of the automatic upgrades, the computer will be searching for any unit put back into the system to use for upgrades and most suredly we will lose our units if we try this. I call FRAUD on this. They sold us points after points with this idea and now they are reneging
Cancel/Rebook has been kicked around for years.

While not directly related to cancel/rebook, some megarenters sued Wyndham in 2008 over some changes. They could point to rules listed in the Directory, and they still could not prevail. Merger clauses are extraordinarily difficult to beat. There are some extracts of one of the cases here

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...iminated-in-april.249389/page-18#post-1958539

Seach TUG for "cancel rebook" for more detailed information. Here are a few to start on

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...rvation-when-i-tried-to-cancel-rebook.181084/
http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/account-review-email-accts-suspended.245656/page-12
http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/cancel-and-rebook-how-prevalent.248075/
http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/elimination-of-cancel-rebook.238133/

If you want to upgrade to the Deluxe discussions, search "rebook upgrade"