• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sad Day in my House

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
Our 13 year old Standard Poodle wandered away on Wednesday afternoon.

We got a call this morning (Friday) from the County Sherriff telling us that our puppy was involved in a car accident last night and did not survive the encounter...truthfully, dogs and cars really don't mix all that well. The other folks are fine but their car...well, not so much. It ran into a ditch trying to swerve.

Lots of crying kids in my house today, my Bride included.

Side note, the deputy did mention that we were on the hook for the deductable...sigh, even dead that lady is costing us...

On the good news side...we were called. Please make sure your pets are properly marked and identified.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
That is so sad. I'm sorry for your family's loss. Our pets sure have a way of working their way into our hearts.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What a sad end. Best wishes to your family. Losing a pet can be almost like a child. I hope your friend finds our beloved Toto in the big pet park.

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
How awful for your whole family, so sorry to hear of it. :bawl:

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
So sad to read this. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My condolences on your loss.

My two cats are 17 years old, and I know it'll be rough when I lose them.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a sad day when we lose a beloved family member. Doubly so when it's by accident. My sympathy.....

Jim

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear that. What a horrible way for your beloved pet to die.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Robert, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Hugs to you and Carol.

Dori

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh so sad. Did the doggie typically wander away or maybe he was getting old and confused? Poor puppy.

It's good that the people tried to avoid him, but sorry they experienced the accident. I'm sure it was hard for them too, of course not as hard as for you.
:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
So sorry to hear of your loss. You've lost a best friend and that's a tough recovery. I lost my 16 year old Dalmatian in June and still grieve for her. My daughter lost her 11 year old Jack Russell last month. Another daughter lost her 16 year old mix a year ago. Our pets live on in our hearts and memory but it's been an emotional year for our entire family, so I know how you're feeling right now.

Brian

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Dogs & Cats May Not Be People, But They ARE Members Of The Family.

Sad news about your poor doggie. I'm sorry it happened.

Life goes on, but it's not the same after a loss like that.

Condolences to you & your family.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
SOOOOO very sorry for your loss.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am so sad for you.

I know my beloved pooch died just this past june, but in my arms in the back of the car, on the way to the 24 hour emergency hospital. Luckily I was with her when she passed.

I am so sorry yours had to pass in the company of strangers and not with you being there for comfort.

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for you. I know how bad it can hurt from my own past loss. And I'll be feeling the same loss in a few years when "Gypsy" passes away. We rescued her eleven years ago. It's not something anyone wants to go through.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Our 13 year old Standard Poodle wandered away on Wednesday afternoon.

We got a call this morning (Friday) from the County Sherriff telling us that our puppy was involved in a car accident last night and did not survive the encounter...truthfully, dogs and cars really don't mix all that well. The other folks are fine but their car...well, not so much. It ran into a ditch trying to swerve.

Lots of crying kids in my house today, my Bride included.

Side note, the deputy did mention that we were on the hook for the deductable...sigh, even dead that lady is costing us...

On the good news side...we were called. Please make sure your pets are properly marked and identified.

So sorry for your lose.

Keep in mind the deputy is not an inurance agent or legal counsel. I'd take what he said with a grain of salt. Unless they can prove neglegence (you didn't take proper precautions to prevent your animal from escaping) you might not be on the hook for damages. I do not know your state laws but, I have never heard of such a thing as what the deputy has said. The deputy may have an uninformed opinion on the matter.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other folks are fine but their car...well, not so much. It ran into a ditch trying to swerve.

Side note, the deputy did mention that we were on the hook for the deductable...

First, sorry to hear of your loss. Our dogs are members of the family, and that's a tough one.

As for the driver that swerved, and the comment from the deputy :confused: -

This goes to prove the simple point, and reinforce drivers ed 101 - NEVER SWERVE from your lane to avoid an animal. NEVER. The driver could be dead along with everyone in that vehicle if they would have hit a tree or pole, not to mention a carload of innocent children in an oncoming vehicle.

Drivers are to engrain this in their head - when an obstacle appears suddently in your lane, such as an animal, immediately apply the brakes firmly and prepare for impact. NEVER SWERVE FROM YOUR LANE!!!!

Apparently Deputy Fife hasn't learned this :annoyed:

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...