• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RV rentals anyone ?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
With the Corona Virus still an issue. I’ve been looking at the possibility of renting a small RV with a bathroom. Conversion van . 5th wheel but something small for only the two of us. Don’t have to go far, just looking at different approach to a short vacation.
Have any of you done this.? Not looking to buy an RV just rent. Thanks for any info pro or con.
I prefer timeshares but if driving our car, bathroom stops have me worried.
Silentg

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
We have not done it ourselves but considered it over buying. We would rent from a large company though. A friend rented from a small company which pooled RV owners for rentals. The RV was nice but poorly maintained. The tires were bald! They spent most of their holiday week trying to find someone to tow it to a tire shop (oh course it got a flat on an isolated road) and then getting the owner to commit to paying for new tires. So I'd say just be careful who you rent from.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
If you'd like to try a cheap one-way deal, look at imoova.com and sign up for notices there.
Also, in May of every year, rental companies get folks to drive their new units from the midwest, where the factories are, to the rental sites where they're needed. Usually it's $1 per night (you pay fuel). We did this a couple of years ago. Signups are in like January, and I have no idea what happened with this plan this year. Google "RV relocation".

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for fun watch “Van Life” bloggers on YouTube.