• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

rumbo.com offer for Royal Holiday Club timeshare

DRIless

Reaction score
rumbo.com has called me with an offer for my Royal Holiday Club timeshare membership. They knew my name and, obviously, my phone number. I said I wasn't interested but, if they want to send it to me by email, they could. I did not give them my email address. They seemed to think that I had a Bronze membership, that's a very common level, 15000 points, I think. They sent me a purchase offer of $30,240.00. I told them that I didn't own Bronze. I own Platinum level at 40,000 points so they increase their offer to $78,750.00. They sent me a new purchase offer for that. But I own three of those, they sent me three purchase offers for a total of $236,250.00. I wonder what they'll offer when I tell them I also have a Royal membership, too. What's a poor timeshare owner to do in these financially tough times. Should I take their offer? Should I see if they tell me my Royal 240,000pt membership is worth $480,000?

Of course they claim that they use it to book their travel agency guests at hundreds and hundreds of dollars per night.
Should I negotiate and ask for $800,000?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least you're sharp enough not to get Rumboed............lol

The scammers are just flourishing these days, and it never seems to stop.

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Total scam You can send the information about the company to Royal Holiday Club this is off their website
Royal Holiday always takes the protection of your account very seriously. Please be reminded that Royal Holiday has NEVER authorized or endorsed any outside company to make any transaction affecting your own account. Please don’t accept calls from anyone offering to sell or rent your Membership, your Holiday Credits, and/or any Certificates relating to your membership. For any questions or concerns related to this topic, please call 1 855 30 ROYAL (76925) or email: commentsquality@royal-holiday.com

Last edited:

DRIless

Reaction score
Total scam You can send the information about the company to Royal Holiday Club his is off there website
Royal Holiday always takes the protection of your account very seriously. Please be reminded that Royal Holiday has NEVER authorized or endorsed any outside company to make any transaction affecting your own account. Please don’t accept calls from anyone offering to sell or rent your Membership, your Holiday Credits, and/or any Certificates relating to your membership. For any questions or concerns related to this topic, please call 1 855 30 ROYAL (76925) or email: commentsquality@royal-holiday.com

They heard about it first, this was their answer:
You should not respond or provide personal information or make bank transfers, deposits or payments by any other means. The only cost that is handled in case you want to transfer the rights is 650 USD and this payment will be made through the club, there is no additional charge on our side so it should not imply any disbursement of another amount to any third party , the business name is Royal Holiday only. Thank you very much for sending us this information, preventive measures are currently being taken through pertinent legal actions to be followed against whoever is responsible, in order to avoid victims of fraud.
We remain at your service

DRIless

Reaction score
I really need the money!

Now they've elevated me to the Senior Broker to verify everything. He goes over everything .... what? Broker #1 didn't tell you about his 5% commission, I'll put him back on ... Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that. Once the lawyers speak to you and transfer the money and you're ok with that, then my commission is 5%.

( I once rented my timeshares and one guy sent me a check drawn on Wells Fargo for $10,000 from his boss. He sent it FedEx and tracked it, I was supposed to send him the 'change.' He emailed me that he knew I had received the FedEx, please go ahead and send the change. I told him that I didn't make it to the bank that day with his Wells Fargo check and my wife had washed it in the laundry in my shirt pocket. Never heard from him again.)

Last edited:

DRIless

Reaction score
Total scam You can send the information about the company to Royal Holiday Club this is off their website
Notice they don't say Please don’t accept calls from anyone offering to buy your contract/membership

DRIless

Reaction score
Here's what I can figure out

Son says that the buyer's website and the lawyer's website are really trashy/poor sites and not would you would expect from either of those concerns.
the buyer's site has an airline ticket search engine that returns prices higher than I see on Google flights and nowhere does it offer bookings in timeshare condos like they say they want from me for that purpose. The lawyer's site is vanilla and has some grammar problems.

I got the contract from the "lawyer" and if it goes down the way it's supposed to in the contract I am 236K richer. They wire me the money and it's mine, Paralegal from the lawyer's office even says if I want to feel safe just open a new account to accept the 236K, but there are weird things written in. They say they don't hold 'escrow' because it's not 'real property.' When I sign the contract they get a Cashiers Check from the buyer and hold that has a guarantee so that if (when) the buyer defaults they'll send me the check. How can I lose?

I see it playing out as they do default because if they 'wire' me the money, it's there and they can't recall it. Now I get the worthless Cashiers Check for 236K and the broker still wants his commission. I now 'have' to send out 12K (5% commission) while my bank is still figuring out that the Cashiers Check is bogus.

What lawyer would be involved in something like this? I go to the Texas Bar website and find the lawyer, he's given me his Texas Bar Member# in his email correspondence containing the contract. Strange, no phone number, no business name, no address, nothing but the fact that he graduated from Univ of Notre Dame Law in May2004 and was admitted to the Bar in Nov2004 and his first/last name is so common. What was the only info from the Bar? Univ of Notre Dame. Yes, he did go to law school there. I got his number from the School (sort of) and called. He is a lawyer, but has no law firm in his name and he knows about the URL I asked about, it's not his and he can't get anyone to get it taken down and there are lots of other very similar sites in different names ready to be, or being used.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear ckosinski, the previous posts are by an experienced Tug member who was playing along with a scammer. He had no intentions of going through with the bogus transaction. The offer was a LIE. The goal is to get an owner to send money to a Mexican scammer. All the posts were an update for Tug members to watch the progress of the "transaction." Please go back and read each post in detail. The offer was bogus and the interest in it was bogus. Consider this thread as saving you from a tragedy. You found it in an internet search, which is great. It is too bad that more people don't use the internet as you did. And, hats off to DRIless.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you end-up selling? I got Rumbo offer as well...

I'll echo what Iggyearl said above and what the OP jokingly and sarcastically implied, that this is a scam. What did Rumbo offer you that got you wondering?

And BTW, we're glad that you came here first before falling for such a scam.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
At least you're sharp enough not to get Rumboed............lol

The scammers are just flourishing these days, and it never seems to stop.

I have had 4 phone call this week [to my cell - with my first & last name given]
about selling or renting my Vidanta time share.

Last edited:

DRIless

Reaction score
I get calls still from the paralegals wondering when I'm sending the contract back in. I keep asking to speak to the lawyer ......,

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I’m seeing this thread for the first time. It is great detail by @DRIless as to how the scam works. The “rumbo” scam is similar to another person recently asking about easemytrip.com who had a buyer for their timeshare. Both Ease My Trip and Rumbo are travel booking sites and the scammers are simply using their names to appear legit.

What else I like about this thread is that it shows why these scammers are so successful. Despite all the detail as to why it is a scam someone still posts “Did you end-up selling? I got Rumbo offer as well...” I have a feeling that the poster ended up another victim.

DRIless

Reaction score
I’m seeing this thread for the first time. It is great detail by @DRIless as to how the scam works. The “rumbo” scam is similar to another person recently asking about easemytrip.com who had a buyer for their timeshare. Both Ease My Trip and Rumbo are travel booking sites and the scammers are simply using their names to appear legit.

What else I like about this thread is that it shows why these scammers are so successful. Despite all the detail as to why it is a scam someone still posts “Did you end-up selling? I got Rumbo offer as well...” I have a feeling that the poster ended up another victim.
that was the first and only post of the guest who made that statement, he was probably from the rumbo group