• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Sea Aquarium status

tselios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have information about the condition at the resort after Omar?
We just got an exchange for late Jan and are hoping the resort will be in good working order. We've never been there before so also looking for helpful hints. Thanks.

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going there from Aruba next May and was in contact with them. They said all was fine but.....you can e-mail ddelpozo@royalresorts.com who is the GM. He goes by Derek. He actually called me to discuss my reservation and to make sure I was happy, probably because Royal is now managing our timeshare in Aruba - Costa Linda. Linda

nickis

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can see the web cam at http://www.royalresorts.com/ .
We were ment to be there the 2 weeks after and cancelled. After seeing the stormcarib vidieos were glad we did, all is up and running at the resort but i would emagine it will take the island a while to get some of the other beaches into shape.
Omar came at them from the south which is very unusal so all the beaches were affected just how much is harder to find out.
PS this is our home resort we love the island for it's shore diving ease.

tselios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Would love to hear from someone who has visited after the storm. Looking forward to our trip. Thanks again.

tselios

TUG Member
Reaction score
After trip update:
The resort was fine. They are still working on the rock seawall so it is fenced off by the pool. There was a crane in a remote area but only saw it used once so was no problem for us. The unit was basically the same as our Royal Caribbean, minus the hairdryers--but you could sign them out at the front desk(along with snorkel equip & beach towels). Onsite restaurant was good & there were several other restaurant/bars within easy walking distance. Enjoyed being next to the Sea Aquarium. They offered free shuttles to a grocery store at least once a day except on Sat & one to town Mon-Fri.
The resort email given in a previous post came back to us with an autoreply that he no longer works for the resort but that his superiors would reply--they never did:) We enjoyed the resort & would return.