• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Mayan scooter help?

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to find out how to rent an electric scooter rather than a wheel chair while we are in Cancun. I tried to contact the business office but have not recieved a reply. Does anyone know how to get one?

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe if you PM JimInCancun he might know, since he is there.

Look at the MagicJack thread for a post by him.

alfie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Electric scooters

In one of last years Royal Resort News it indicated that you can now rent a Amigo Classic travel aid (scooter) for $10 per day or $60 per week. These are available at the Royal Markets. Standard wheelchairs are available at the front desk. Hope that solves the problem.

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, thats what I am looking for. I just haven't found anyone that will reply to me yet. We are leaving on Sat. so I might have to wait until I get there to finalize it. Unless someone knows who will answer e mails or maybe the correct address?

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I get no reply. I did some search and found one for $50 PER DAY.
That seems a little high.

Jim in Cancun

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I received a PM about renting a "scooter" I said I didn't have any information and certainly wouldn't recommend it for safety reasons. When I hear "scooter" I think motor scooter... not the kind that I THINK the poster is talking about here. If they are talking about one of the little things by people who are mobility impaired, I still don't know where to rent them but also question their use in Cancun in general. Not sure just where they can be used and the corresponding hassle of getting them from place to place. But, anyway, hope it works out and I hope the poster posts information for future reference.

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim, thank you for the help. My husband has a foot problem that will limit him walking around the resort for the first week we are there. Just the freedom to go to the resturant, grocery store and out in the sunshine will help. I could push a wheel chair but was looking for more indendence for him. When we leave the resort we will use taxis. I have seen several people using these and don't know if they bring there own or if rentals are available.
We are far to old to be on a motor scooter, :hysterical: , we did that many years ago.