• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Islander

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am about ready to purchase an RI week. Have had much help and info for fellow Tuger PJ. My question.... the unit is in building 6 unit 5th floor villa 4651. Will I have an ocean view or because it is and end unit will the ocean front building in front of it block the view?

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I believe you will have a good ocean view to the north, over the sundeck, though the tall beachfront building will block your view straight out and to the south.

Go to royalresorts.com and mexicondo.com, and compare the location on the map to the pictures on the sites. If you can see your balcony from the beach, then you can see the beach from the balcony :) The home page of mexicondo.com has an arial picture of the Tri-Royals taken from the ocean. On that photo you can see the balcony just next to yours, and at a slightly different angle yours would show. The virtual reality on royalresorts.com should also help. You can see your terrace here:
http://mexicondo.com/RI_deck_party.jpg
http://mexicondo.com/Royal_Islander_02.jpg

Our RI unit that we got on eBay is just above the lobby behind the restaurant; we did the same thing when we were trying to figure out what view we'd get, and it turned out better than we thought it would.

Last edited:

jschmidt

Reaction score
I don’t think you will be able to see the ocean because it is several hundred miles from the Royal Islander but you may be able to see it if you stand up on a chair and are very tall. :D However, you will be able to see the Sea (Caribbean Sea). The main action is around the pool and I think you will be looking there 95% of the time.

We traded a villa several years back in the same area and were able to see water, but we couldn't see the beach.

Last edited:

islander222

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new purchase. You should have a wonderful view of the water and pool area. We are owners in building six. I have pictures I took from our balcony a few years ago when the beach was wider. We could actually see part of the beach from our balcony at that time. Hopefully we will again soon.

Enjoy!