• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Islander Units

AmyL4408

Reaction score
I have a question about the Royal Islander Units

I made an exchange for February 2009, and it says maximum of 6 people. There is no fold out couch? or Murphy bed?

Do they strictly inforce that maximum number??

We wanted to invite my husbands daughter & kids to come with us, but that would make a total of 7 (3 adults, 4 kids).

Thanks in Advance!
Amy

Nashcar

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have the whole unit, the master bedroom has a king size bed, the second bedroom has two queen size beds, and the living room has two single murphy beds. I think you can have 7 when some of those are children. Have fun, it's a GREAT place!

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The "extra person" question comes up a lot. The Royals have allowed a 7th person if that person is a child and if you tell/ask at (or before) registration. Recently while there I read in a newsletter that they no longer allow this. However, someone on TUG then send info from his owner's contract specifying that it is allowed. I doubt that they'd know the difference - nobody is counting kids - but you might call the Royals' management, ISCO, at 800-930-5050 and get a clarification.

jschmidt

Reaction score
I own at the Royal Mayan and the Fifth Clause of the Contact, titled Occupancy Policy states:

“The maximum number of occupants generally allowed to utilize a villa is six; four in the master suite and two in the adjoining lock-off bedroom and bath. However, one additional occupant shall be permitted in the master suite, thereby increasing the total number of permitted occupants for the master suite to five and for the entire villa to seven, subject to the following rules: (i) advance notice is required and (ii) if none of the five intended occupants of the master suite is younger than sixteen years of age, a special daily use fee for the additional occupant must be paid in advance”

This is part of the contract and not a rule! I’ll bet the Royal Islander contract is the same. If it is, you should not have a problem. Just follow item (i).

Have a good time.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I go along with PJRose--call ISCO. There have been some reports that they are strict with the maximums on exchangers.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
From my Royal Islander Membership Agreement (AKA Contract):

Seventh: ... the maximum number of occupants allowed to utilize a villa is six; four in the master suite and two in the adjoining lock-off bedroom and bath. However, two additional occupants may be permitted in the Villa if authorized by Club Rules and Regulations, subject to the following conditions: (i) advance notice is required and (ii) a special daily use fee for each additional occupant above twelve years of age must be paid in advance.

Two additional occupants was a surprise to me - I sometimes see people advertising 8 as the maximum occupancy, so it looks like there are situations where it's ok.

The phrase if authorized by Club Rules and Regulations seems problemmatic. That if is a big word! What are the Club Rules and Regulations other than the Membership Agreement? Where would we find them? :confused:

jschmidt

Reaction score
It will be a bit cozy with seven people in a villa, but you’ll enjoy it. If you need extra silverware, dishes, chairs, towels, etc., just call housekeeping.

Ops, there go the maintenance fees! :eek:

70mach1428

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Caribbean & Islander

We have had 8 in a villa in both complexes without a problem. 4 adults and 4 children, with three of the children under 12. I sure hope they don't change this rule, as we are going again in April.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had 8 in a villa in both complexes without a problem. 4 adults and 4 children, with three of the children under 12. I sure hope they don't change this rule, as we are going again in April.

Technically occupancy is limited to whatever it says in the ownership contract. My bet is that they can't keep track of small kids, or don't bother to.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW the lock off has two full sized beds, not Queens.

Right. I always thought they seemed like Queens, so last year I actually took a tape measure to check, and full/doubles they are.