• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Holiday Weeks ownership??

Gotatiger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am buying a one bedroom Royal Holiday Week.

Not sure of the actual size (it says one bedroom with a maint fee of $745).

Not sure if it is Ambassador or Presidential.

Can I search online using my Royal Holiday Weeks ownership?

If it is Ambassador, can I reserve a Presidential week?

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe I read on another forum that you can upgrade your unit for a fee. I have a points membership, so I'm not exactly sure how weeks contracts work. The points members had a special assessment due in November. I believe the weeks members got it too. I would find out if this was paid by the seller before you close on it. The assessment was for costs incurred in 2007, 2008 & 2009. Other people in the process of purchasing have reported that the sellers were willing to pay 2/3 of the assessment.

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending upon where you want to travel

I am buying a one bedroom Royal Holiday Week.

Not sure of the actual size (it says one bedroom with a maint fee of $745).

Not sure if it is Ambassador or Presidential.

Can I search online using my Royal Holiday Weeks ownership?
No, you need to call to make reservations. We own several assorted weeks, some are studio, Ambassador and Presidential, I think @ $745 yours sounds like a mild season Presidential with a few years of use left.

When does yours expire?
If it is Ambassador, can I reserve a Presidential week?

Depends upon the resort an what they have available.

Greg

Gotatiger

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, you need to call to make reservations. We own several assorted weeks, some are studio, Ambassador and Presidential, I think @ $745 yours sounds like a mild season Presidential with a few years of use left.

When does yours expire?

Depends upon the resort an what they have available.

Greg

Thanks for the quick reply.

The unit I purchased expires in 2018 (seller confirmed it is Ambassador). I want to travel to the New York properties (Affinia Dumont and Affinia Manhattan), however, their one bedroom units are Presidential. Will I be able to get a one bedroom unit using my Ambassador unit as a trade (Spence said on one of his posts that all I have to do is pay the increased Maint fee of the Presidential unit)?

Have you done this sucessfully?

Thanks

Mike

Gotatiger

TUG Member
Reaction score
More Questions.

I just got off the phone with someone at Royal Holiday (1 888 657 6925). The rep told me that the Ambassador units have different trading power. The one I purchased is floating, weeks 1 - 50 (with no holidays). Do I reserve a week internally and then trade it internally, or do I just call Royal Holiday and tell them I want to reserve a week in Manhattan in a one bedroom?

I thought the unit I bought was a normal weeks unit and there was no "trading power" involved?

Are all Ambassador weeks the same in regards to trading power?

Maybe a better question would be, if I want to trade into a one bedroom in Manhattan or Paris every year in the summer time, what should I purchase from Royal Holiday (Ambassador week, Presidential Week or just points).

Thanks,
Mike

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

The unit I purchased expires in 2018 (seller confirmed it is Ambassador). I want to travel to the New York properties (Affinia Dumont and Affinia Manhattan), however, their one bedroom units are Presidential. Will I be able to get a one bedroom unit using my Ambassador unit as a trade (Spence said on one of his posts that all I have to do is pay the increased Maint fee of the Presidential unit)?

Have you done this sucessfully?
Yes, these prime properties do require making reservations around a year in advance. There are only 2 types of units at the Affina's , a studio or a Presidential, so your ambassador gets the Presidential unit. They don't charge any extra maintenance fee, since it isn't an upgrade.
I just got off the phone with someone at Royal Holiday (1 888 657 6925). The rep told me that the Ambassador units have different trading power. The one I purchased is floating, weeks 1 - 50 (with no holidays). Do I reserve a week internally and then trade it internally, or do I just call Royal Holiday and tell them I want to reserve a week in Manhattan in a one bedroom?
You aren't trading if your are reserving an RHC property, you just call RHC ( once it is transferred into your name of course) and make your reservations.
I thought the unit I bought was a normal weeks unit and there was no "trading power" involved?

Are all Ambassador weeks the same in regards to trading power?
Here again, are you talking about using a 3rd party trade company like RCI or making reservations with your week. If you are talking about using a trade company, RHC bulk deposits weeks with RCI, it is a crap shoot, sometime you get a great trader, some times( most of the time) you get something members didn't want and the trade power reflects this lack of value.
Maybe a better question would be, if I want to trade into a one bedroom in Manhattan or Paris every year in the summer time, what should I purchase from Royal Holiday (Ambassador week, Presidential Week or just points).
You can get to these places using your RHC week to reserve a unit, you have almost no chance of trading into these areas using a trade company unless you happen to catch a bulk deposit of the Manhattan Club with RCI.

Thanks,
Mike