• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Haciendas? Transportation from CUN Airport to Resort.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booking a week at this resort? How to get from Airport to the Resort?

Resort Shuttle? Car Service?

Please share recommendations and prices.

Thanks in advance.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’ve used USA Transfers a few times. Very professional and friendly service. You can look up prices on their website.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have done this the last two times. ADO Bus from airport to downtown Playa del Carmen, then quick local taxi service to Royal Haciendas.

The ADO buses are very comfortable.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I'm surprised the Royals don't have an airport shuttle. I would probably take a taxi for $75 if I didn't have a rental car lined up.

Bill

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
ADO is the way to go! Very easy after you run the gauntlet of people trying to sign you up for a timeshare tour.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
@easyrider Says he rents a car. Hey @easyrider Bill.. Do you rent a car often when you go to Mexico?

Almost every trip to anywhere Mexico the rental car is how we roll. We like to adventure out of the resort areas. Driving to Playa from the airport is a really nice 4 lane road. There is so much to see and do that a rental car is nice to have. Parking in Playa is easy. The only area that is difficult to navigate are the four roundabouts on the north side of Cancun. I doubt you would be heading north of Cancun if your staying at the Royal Hacienda.. All the good stuff is south and west of Cancun.

Bill

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
I’ve used USA Transfers a few times. Very professional and friendly service. You can look up prices on their website.
If you want private shuttle, this is my recommendation as well

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I use Cancun Paradise transfer, is a bit cheaper than most of them ($1000 pesos round trip to turistic zone of Cancun), they do a good Service and also transfer to other zones

M&M

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Billymach4, Not sure when your trip is/was, but in case you haven't gone yet, I will recommend either USA Transfers or Canada Transfers. We've used both and haven't had any issues. You can find their pricing on their websites. Also the Royal Resorts utilizes Thomas Moore Travel for airport transport, you can also see their pricing on their site.
I hope you have a great time!

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Although I also like to rent cars in Mexico it can be stressful trying to avoid the common scams and figuring out that you pull over on the right if you want to turn left and there is traffic. For a first visit I would probably take a shuttle or the ADO bus and when you're a bit more comfortable you can rent a car for a day or two.

Gloria J

Reaction score
We use Happy Shuttle. You can order a couple of cold beers in advance for the ride. USA Transfers is good too.
We also take the Ado bus to ferry stop downtown because I want to go to the grocery store to stock up for the week. After a mega shop, we take a cab to the resort.

cheech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Royal Elite Vacation Club
Santiago Chavez with local tours VIP is awesome