• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Haciendas Room Assignment

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you typically receive the room assignment on an Interval International exchange at the Royal Haciendas?

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
We've been there twice and one time got the unit on our II confirmation and the other time we didn't (actually got a better located one for our purposes). Both were during the same week in June.

Mike S

TUG Member
Reaction score
room assignments

I'm going in April. No room assignment is on my confirm but in my II history I see B109 as my unit #. Though I can't make out room #'s on the Haciendas property map this unit doesn't look to be in a good spot. Looks like any view of ocean will be blocked and I assume I'm on 1st floor.
Anyone have a better property map or know where this unit is?
Also what's the odds of changing? Can I send an e-mail? I'll be in the area a few days before so I can always try to persuade the front desk.
Thanks

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm going in April. No room assignment is on my confirm but in my II history I see B109 as my unit #. Though I can't make out room #'s on the Haciendas property map this unit doesn't look to be in a good spot. Looks like any view of ocean will be blocked and I assume I'm on 1st floor.
Anyone have a better property map or know where this unit is?

If you open up the pdf version of the map on the website, you can then click on it to enlarge it to better see the room numbers. From my recollection all of the units are angled so there is always a view of the ocean, though of course better from higher floors. First floor is actually a good location IMO and at that particular location you'll just be steps away from everything.

Mike S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks saw it in pdf. I don't think we'd like 1st floor. Other than oceanfront what other unit numbers would be good? Which suites are deluxe (larger and vaulted ceilings)? Are all 4th floor units deluxe or just some buildings?
We'd like some view of the ocean.
Thanks

Last edited:

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Unit assignments

FWIW...We have stayed 4 time in a Royal Resort (0 at Royal Haciendas). 3 time we received the unit I.I. listed for us, once we did not (had a better unit then).

We have a Royal Haciendas stay coming up in November. We will see what happens then.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your odds of changing depend on several factors:
1) how many and which specific units were deposited into II by their owners
2) how many units were assigned to exchangers by II
3) how early you get to the RH

The resort has available ONLY villas that were deposited into II by their owners, as all villas are fixed unit/fixed week and most owners will show up expecting their specific villa. Even if they don't show up, it must remain open for them, as that's what they bought. If you get there early enough that some II-deposited villas might not yet be occupied, OR if there are some villas that II has that weren't assigned to exchangers, then the desk might - if you ask nicely - do a swap for you.

Gussie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently the developers thought people would like 1st floor. In any given building the top floor (penthouse, slightly larger) was priced highest, followed by ground floor and then the middle floor(s).

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently the developers thought people would like 1st floor. In any given building the top floor (penthouse, slightly larger) was priced highest, followed by ground floor and then the middle floor(s).

Ground floor walkouts are very popular....convenient, and depending on the resort, you often walk out onto a grassy area that, while not technically "yours," is great for kids.

I prefer the privacy and view of being higher up.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ground floor walkouts are very popular....convenient, and depending on the resort, you often walk out onto a grassy area that, while not technically "yours," is great for kids.

Agree completely. We very rarely if ever have the A/C on, preferring the fresh warm air. We've traded and received ground level, and although convenient, we didn't like the fact that we couldn't sleep with the patio doors open, or ever leave the villa without first closing and locking the patio doors. But, many folks love ground level.

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,

We've had ground floor several times at RH and really liked it. There's a bit more setback and green space a the RH so its more resort/park-like than the Sands/Tri-Royals, IMO. But you have to make sure you have your key when you go out the sliding doors as the lock automatically.

Mike

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I got my trade for the Royal Haciendas in Unit: E134 for this summer,
Thats beachfront 1st floor. They will have a big screaming baby on there hands if I dont get my room!! :bawl:

moonlightgraham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I got my trade for the Royal Haciendas in Unit: E134 for this summer,
Thats beachfront 1st floor. They will have a big screaming baby on there hands if I dont get my room!! :bawl:

I've had several II exchanges into the Royals and always received the unit noted on the II documents but as PJRose will tell you it's no guarantee. One thing that might help is to pre-order a kitchen set-up online giving that unit number, and to call the week before to confirm the unit number. That might make it a little more likely you'll get the unit. And last but not least, arriving early on Saturday may prevent another exchanger complaining about their unit and getting switched to your unit prior to your arrival.

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
tell me about it!! I just hope I get the room when I get there. I looked into renting and most want $1500 to $1700 for a unit in this location.

Typically you should. We have. Unless something has changed, you should receive a call from a "pre-arrival concierge." You can ask them to verify the assignment.

Mike

Mike S

TUG Member
Reaction score
room assignment

Still if I can what's the best room locations?
Mike

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mike

Just my opinion-
1. Oceanfront a couple of units away from the Palapa restaurant. Top floor has vaulted ceilings, and of course, a better view. There's pluses and minuses to floor levels. View vs easy access.
2. "Oceanview", close to the swimming pools, and a preference for D and F as they are closer to the restaurants and easy travels to the beach on one side and the main building on the other.

But, the main thing is that you are there, in any well appointed unit, with the beach, the pools good service and other amenities. There's really not a bad location.

Mike

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you typically receive the room assignment on an Interval International exchange at the Royal Haciendas?

Mike

You both mention rooms - are you looking just for the lockoff room, i.e. the second bedroom? If your deposit is larger than that, don't restrict yourself to just the lockoff room; depending on the size of your deposit and whether it has a full kitchen, you could request the entire two-bedroom villa or the one-bedroom suite, that includes living room, full kitchen, and large terrace.

Since the RH can be split by owners who may deposit just the lockoff room or just the one-bedroom suite, rather than the whole villa, if you are looking for a specific half - i.e. the room - there will be a different set of deposits from which II will assign your exchange.

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had several II exchanges into the Royals and always received the unit noted on the II documents but as PJRose will tell you it's no guarantee. One thing that might help is to pre-order a kitchen set-up online giving that unit number, and to call the week before to confirm the unit number. That might make it a little more likely you'll get the unit. And last but not least, arriving early on Saturday may prevent another exchanger complaining about their unit and getting switched to your unit prior to your arrival.

What kind of kitchen setup are we talking about? I have also heard that I can order food from the store and have sent to the room before you get there. you have any info on the kitchen setup?
Thanks, Johnny

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
What kind of kitchen setup are we talking about? I have also heard that I can order food from the store and have sent to the room before you get there. you have any info on the kitchen setup?
Thanks, Johnny

Johnny, I'm not sure if you are asking about the kitchen itself, or the food that can be delivered. The Royals mention "kitchen starter" and "kitchen stuffer" but you can order anything you want.

Re the kitchen itself, in the two bedroom villa or master suite, you have a full American kitchen, all appliances are full-sized, and all the usual small appliances, dishes, glasses, flatware, pots and pans etc. If you have just the lockoff room, it's a mini-fridge and mini-microwave and coffee pot; in the RH (but not the other Royals) there is also a mini-sink and some dishes and flatware.

If you are staying at any of the Royals, you can order anything from the store to be delivered up to your kitchen (if you have the entire villa or master suite), or to your little mini-fridge (if you have just the lockoff room).

Just go on to royalresorts.com, click Stay with us, then Guest Services and Amenities, then The Royal Market, scroll down, and you can order anything that is listed as well as send email to ask for anything that is not listed.

The food is (usually) sitting in the kitchen when you arrive. Sometimes they mess up and it isn't, but after a phone call it'll be delivered shortly.

Note that for exchangers the store might not deliver in advance, because the specific villa location is not guaranteed and they don't want to deliver to villa xxx and then the exchanger ends up in villa yyy instead. This has been suggested by me and others as a method of trying to get the same location as on the II confirmation, but when we have exchanged and pre-ordered, there were no groceries delivered, and when we asked why not they gave the reason above.

However for owners and those renting directly from owners, the villa location is fixed, so delivery will (usually) be done in advance of check-in.

Last edited:

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. According to our exchange info, we've been assigned a nice top floor 2 bedroom unit and I hope we get the unit assigned. I pre-ordered groceries to be delivered on the day we arrive to the unit we've been assigned to. And, we booked our airport transfer with Thomas More indicating the unit number. We'll see if we get the assigned unit.

Cheers! :)

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kel, Let us know how it works out for you with the food you ordered. Ill be there Aug 18th on a II exchange in a 2 bedroom bottom floor beachfront and if you say it worked for you ill give it a shot. When are you going?
Johnny

SDMiller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Resorts - Food Order

We have traded in the Royal Resorts for the last three years.

All 3 years something different happened with our food order:

1st year - got the assigned unit - food was there when we arrived
2nd year - got a differnet unit - food was there when we arrived
3rd year - got a different unit food was not there when we arrived.

The last visit we arrived around 11pm (3hr delay at DFW airport) at the Royal Haciendas - there was a mix up - night manager on phone (rudley) said they already delivered our food - he came I showed them our fridge. He called the market and they arranged our order an hour later - we were starved.... we were not about to take a cab into town. A couple with us heard him say it was delivered to another unit in error.

So my point to all this is sometimes stuff gets mixed up - just go with the flow and do not expect perfection. We did not let this riun our vacation.

Other than that all went well, we will certainly return to the Royals on our next Cancun vacation.

SD

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FWIW - Though we liked the location of both of the 2BR units we had when there (and both were high up), we much preferred a unit in the D section to the C section. The main difference was that the C unit got morning sun, which was very intense and too hot for us to even have our morning tea & coffee out on the balcony. We much preferred the D unit which got afternoon sun. So if you're the kind who prefers morning or afternoon sun, look at the map which will tell you which units get which type of sun.