• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Dunes DVC Trading Power

t3jjj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at purchasing a timeshare resale for over a year now because I want to make sure I make the correct decision. With the recent Disney change to RCI, I want to make sure I have trading power to get into DVC if I ever wanted to. Does anyone know how Royal Dunes in Hilton Head would trade into Disney? The unit I am looking at is a 3-bedroom, floating week.

Last edited:
J

JoeMid

I have been looking at purchasing a timeshare resale for over a year now because I want to make sure I make the correct decision. With the recent Disney change to RCI, I want to make sure I have trading power to get into DVC if I ever wanted to. Does anyone know how Royal Dunes in Hilton Head would trade into Disney? The unit I am looking at is a 3-bedroom, floating week.
Royal Dunes is beautiful and the 3BR is great, I've stayed there several times, but to trade a 3BR for anything is a waste. Those are some hefty maintenance fees to put towards a pig in a poke. You didn't say when you owned, which for this property is quite important for trade power. If you own/reserve summer you certainly should be able to get whatever might be available in RCI from DVC.

Steve

Reaction score
Royal Dunes

Actually, the maintenance fees are very reasonable for a three bedroom timeshare. I can't remember the exact amount, but they are in the $750 range (if you don't choose the golf and tennis package). Much cheaper than DVC or Marriott.

Royal Dunes is a very nice resort, and I'm a new owner there myself. There have been some remarkably good deals on the resort on eBay recently...including one auction that is going on right now.

Steve

t3jjj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Dunes is beautiful and the 3BR is great, I've stayed there several times, but to trade a 3BR for anything is a waste. Those are some hefty maintenance fees to put towards a pig in a poke. You didn't say when you owned, which for this property is quite important for trade power. If you own/reserve summer you certainly should be able to get whatever might be available in RCI from DVC.
I'm not sure about your response. I have not bought yet and would plan on using this resort as we have family living in the Hilton Head area. But, I would also like the option to trade into another RCI resort or DVC specifically so I am wondering, in your opinion, if Royal Dunes would be a good trader.

Last edited:

t3jjj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, the maintenance fees are very reasonable for a three bedroom timeshare. I can't remember the exact amount, but they are in the $750 range (if you don't choose the golf and tennis package). Much cheaper than DVC or Marriott.

Royal Dunes is a very nice resort, and I'm a new owner there myself. There have been some remarkably good deals on the resort on eBay recently...including one auction that is going on right now.

Steve
I agree. Looking into this area specifically, it is not unusual for maintenance fees to be over $1000. The particular sale I am looking at is $730. Have you stayed at the facility yet?

Steve

Reaction score
I agree. Looking into this area specifically, it is not unusual for maintenance fees to be over $1000. The particular sale I am looking at is $730. Have you stayed at the facility yet?

I haven't stayed there yet, but it's in a great area. It's located right by Marriott's Barony Beach Club.

Steve

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Dunes is an outstanding resort located on Port Royal Plantation. All the units have 3 bedrooms with a full kitchen and a diswasher. There are four (4) televisions in each unit. Plus, there is underground parking for guests. The beach is less than a 1/2 mile from the resort. You are near the Westin Hotel which offer an outstanding seafood buffet. Golf and tennis courses are in walking distance of this resort.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We stayed there once several years ago and found the staff to be fantastic. We had a problem with our van and one of the maintenance men spent a lot of time helping us resolve it. We were very grateful. Everyone else seemed to be just as friendly.

Sheila