• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Carribean

jewls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Custom House Boston
I see lots of converstions about Royal Sands not so much about Royal Carribean. We are going in April. What are the conditions of this resort? I wish we had gotten into the Sands but that seems to be the resort of Cancun.

Can we use any facilities at the other Royals while there?
How is their beach?

Has anyone been recently?
Thanks

Ellis2ca

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Royal Caribbean

You will be PERFECTly happy at the Royal Caribbean. I prefer staying at the "Tri-Royals" and the Royal Caribbean is one of the "Tri-Royals", than the Sands. I like the Sands, but you will be very happy at the Royal Caribbean. In fact, I think it might be rated higher than the Sands in TUG.

It is really a toss up trying to decide which is the nicest Royal Resort. I'm sure you can be very happy at any of them, but best at the Royal Caribbean, Royal Mayan, or Royal Islander. You will see when you get there.

- Ellis

M&M

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes

jewls said:
Can we use any facilities at the other Royals while there?
Thanks

Yes you can use the facilities at all of The Royals in Cancun. For recent photos go to www.royalresorts.com There is a link for weekly updated photos from the different resorts.

You will enjoy the Royal Caribbean. Being in between the Royal Islander and the Royal Mayan is a great location for visiting the facilities of all three resorts. You'll have to take the free shuttle or the bus to get to the Royal Sands, but you have the ability to use those facilities as well.

Enjoy your trip,
Mike

jspang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't regret getting into the Royal Caribbean. It's very nice and maybe the best looking resort of them all!

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Royal Caribbean

The Caribbean is in excellent shape and probably has the better beach conditions of any of the Royals. The landscaping just didn't fare as well as the Sands. IMHO I find the tri-royals (Mayan, Caribbean, Islander) to be the more friendly and relaxing of any of the Royals. Don't hesitate to go and enjoy yourself, you will never regret the trip. I just spent week 4 at the Mayan, and am currently at the Sands, then back to the Mayan next week.

Last edited:

tsguru99

TUG Member
Reaction score
We returned from the Royal Caribbean about three weeks ago and had a wonderful time! Right now, it would be my top choice of any of the Royals!

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
tsguru99 said:
We returned from the Royal Caribbean about three weeks ago and had a wonderful time! Right now, it would be my top choice of any of the Royals!

I agree. I would rather stay at the RC than the Sands, though I wouldn't turn down either one!!

jewls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Custom House Boston
Wow. Thanks everyone. I am very excited now to be going to the RC.

Is our room assignment already assigned, or should I call or e-mail and request a certain location (room or building). We are probably not going to get an ocean view am I correct? We also aren't flying in until Sunday even though our reservation if Sat-Sat. It was the only flight I could get with FF miles.

Thank you again.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Royal Caribbean over the Royal Sands, as well as the other three. You are within walking distance to the great on-site restaurant at the Tri-Royals, you have the use of all pools, great beach, great views, and the bus to get to the center of Cancun runs every 10-15 minutes and costs all of about 15-60 cents. Rooms are in great condition. You will love it there.

ValDar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unit assignments

We are at the Royal Carribean now, on a trade, although we own at the Islander. We did not get a unit assignment until check in time. We were told that at this time they are still trying to accommodate owners who missed their time due to the hurricane, so they and exchangers don't get the specific unit until check in. By the way, we got a gorgeous ocean view, just spectacular.

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
jewls said:
We are probably not going to get an ocean view am I correct?

No, you aren't - all units at the RC have an ocean view.