• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Caribbean letter to members

neash

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the following email from the Royals . What does this mean? That they will not renew the lease after 2018?

Dear Member,
Many Members of The Royal Caribbean have requested information pertaining to the expiration of the Membership Agreement.

We would like to communicate to the Members of The Royal Caribbean that there will not be an offer of a Membership Program similar to the one offered to Members of Club Internacional de Cancún in 2007.

We hope and trust that you and your family will continue to enjoy all your remaining vacations at The Royal Caribbean.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Royal Mayan As Well

Just received the same message as a Royal Mayan owner, but did not get one as a Royal Caribbean owner. I would guess that is what the Royals is saying, they will not renew the trust.

Last edited:

DosMasCervesos

TUG Member
Reaction score
My question: Why would they decide something like this 10 years out?

Possible theory: They are trying to drive sales to RH and their new fractionals now, so they want folks to think renewal at RC won't be an option in the future.

Just a thought...

Matt

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My question: Why would they decide something like this 10 years out?

Possible theory: They are trying to drive sales to RH and their new fractionals now, so they want folks to think renewal at RC won't be an option in the future.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll bet this will help resales at the RS.

Other possibilities: They have had trouble selling the Club Internacional intervals that were not renewed, and don't want to be in that position again with many many more such intervals at the Tri-Royals.

Or, they have already gotten an amazingly good offer for the Tri-Royals that is somehow already guaranteed way in advance.

In any case, it does seem premature.

We also own at the RI and we did not get a copy of the letter that RC and RM owners got.

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an owner at CIC, let me chime in here. Yes, sales are not what was expected, but...
...there is not much going on sales-wise there, as far as I can see. Why try to sell at CIC when you can sell at Haciendas? The sales force seems very small at CIC. Maybe newer salespeople? Almost everyone seems new there.
...they were [and maybe still are] marketing to outsiders via Expedia-type sources, so there are not always a lot of owners on site. They say the place is about 40% sold, which is less than what they told us when the trust was in transition. I remember them telling us about over 50% resold.
...some owners with buyers remorse did not buy back in or wanted to add weeks and were told they no longer could have the discount. Strange that they would prefer and usold unit and week to one sold to a loyal owner.
...There are always a certain percentage of *outsiders*, even during my weeks in late March, but these people now are not timeshare-types, and have different expectations and behaviors. I will not go into all of it, but there was a near-revolution from owners who had renewed.

jschmidt

Reaction score
We also own at the RI and we did not get a copy of the letter that RC and RM owners got.

PJ

Doesn't the Royal Islander have an "equal division" of the proceeds at the end of its contract rather than "residual rights" like the Royal Mayan and Royal Caribbean? If I'm correct, this may have something to do with the RI not being included in the email or maybe the time frame is just to far out.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
PJ

Doesn't the Royal Islander have an "equal division" of the proceeds at the end of its contract rather than "residual rights" like the Royal Mayan and Royal Caribbean? If I'm correct, this may have something to do with the RI not being included in the email or maybe the time frame is just to far out.

It's 50/50 developers and owners, and then equal within the owners' pool. I was thinking the time frame may be the issue.

I'll just hate to see the Tris go away :bawl:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems the Royals have abandoned us regular people and are catering to the millionaires with the new Grand Residences.

http://www.grandresidencesbyroyalresorts.com/lifestyle.asp

Well, I wouldn't say we've been abandoned - not unless the service and maintenance change. But yes, they have found out where to make the big bucks! I wouldn't be surprised if the Tris - or the property - ends up being used for something along the lines of the grand residences. Meanwhile, we'll continue to enjoy the RM, RC, and RI as long as possible.

jschmidt

Reaction score
Last edited:

Ellis2ca

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
near-revolution

...There are always a certain percentage of *outsiders*, even during my weeks in late March, but these people now are not timeshare-types, and have different expectations and behaviors. I will not go into all of it, but there was a near-revolution from owners who had renewed.

Would you please elaborate on this? When were there people with different expectations and behaviours? What were their expectations and behaviour? And why was there a near-revolution from owners who had renewed? Where and when did this near-revolution occur? And who won?

Ellis

bmann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Sands

Just makes my 50 year lease at the Royal Sands look better and better as time goes by.:whoopie: