• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Beach & Tennis Club

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
We have reservations first week in Sept. I was wondering if anyone has been there lately, reveiws are very old (three years).

Also what rooms do you recommend? There are no room numbers on my reservations thru RCI. :doh: When should we call? Or should we???

Anyone with some pictures of the place inside or out would be great too!!:cheer: :cheer:

TIA

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, we will actually be at the Royale next week. When I booked it, I was told they were doing some construction due to Hurricane Dolly. Not sure if you are aware that South Padre Island was affected by this hurricane. Well let you know what the resort was like next weekend.

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
I did know about the hurricane as we live in Texas too. They are to reopen on the 22 Aug. I did see some pictures but they where from 2005.

Thanks for giving us a heads up and do send some pictures and info if you can. :wave:

Hi, we will actually be at the Royale next week. When I booked it, I was told they were doing some construction due to Hurricane Dolly. Not sure if you are aware that South Padre Island was affected by this hurricane. Well let you know what the resort was like next weekend.

dcmoony

Reaction score
Marilyn and Michael from Texas, I have some pictures from 2005. At that time I think they had just put in the new furniture. I will be there 2nd of November. I will be able to up date my pictures but that will not help you. They seem to take care of the place but I too am wondering what the storm had done. I think Hop is going to be down there around the same time. For us it is just a place to sleep at night we do not spend any time indoors while we are there. So as long as the bed is comfy I'm good. Hope you all have a good time. Let us know how the place is.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Yes, we have plans to get together. Will take lots of pics for ya.

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resort not open!!

Well, we were all glad to be heading over to South Padre Island... arrived promptly at 4 p.m. to the Royale then the nightmare began!! When we approached the front gate and informed the guard we had a reservation and wanted to check-in we were informed that the Royale wasn't open for business due to Hurricane Dolly. We were then informed to do a U-Turn and get our reservartion resolved with RCI. I saw several cars right behind and assume they also had reservations there. I immediately called RCI and asked what had happened and was informed that the Royale was mistakenly put as available on the computer system. A representative would call me back.. wait time... maximum 2 hrs.:annoyed: Approximately 30 minutes later received a phone call from RCI Supervisor.. she apologized and said the best they could do would be to reimburse for $150.00 a night. At that point all we wanted to do was get to a room and hit the beach. Found a La Quinta hotel for $154 plus tax.

Please call the Royale prior to your arrival and make sure they are open for business.. save yourself a headache and disappointment.

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought the Royale was not suppose to open until August 22nd.

I just called Royale and they are opening up tomorrow. good news!!

Last edited:

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that others vacation plans will not be affected at the Royale. We had a great day at Sclitterbahn with our children. Have a great vacation..Liza:)

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad to hear that others vacation plans will not be affected at the Royale. We had a great day at Sclitterbahn with our children. Have a great vacation..Liza:)

Are you checking in the Royale tomorrow?

We don't go until Sept. 5th.

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
How's the Royale??

Hi, I hope you are having a great time at the Royale. How was the resort affected by Huricane Dolly? If you get a chance please post some pics:wave:

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I haven't seen any hurricane damage guess it is all repaired now. They are suppose to be doing some painting or outside work but we are getting some light rain right now. The weekend weather was really nice. I'm sure it will clear up later. I can't post any pics right now I am using dial up it's too slow.