• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Room choice at Parc Soleil

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Tuggers

Just got the opportunity for an xtra vacation week in 2016. I'm looking at booking a 1br penthouse at Parc Soleil. I can see in the hgvc booking system that there are 3 options for a Penthouse.

1. 1 Br penthouse
2. 1 br penthouse
3. 1 br penthouse premiere.

Option 1+2 seem alike, but are they? and option 3, the premiere is it worth the extra points?

The premiere costs 8.400 points for a week in the platinum time.

I assume you get a better view, and that the view will be of the theme parks, but again the regular penthouse wont that have a good view also?

If we go to Parc Soleil, how close is it to the parks I assume the hotel have a shuttle to the parks? What about a car is that needed for everything else or can you walk or use the public transportation?

regards

ibcnu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
A car is needed to go ANYWHERE at Parc. The resort is in the middle of undeveloped swamp land. As such, your views are stunning from any location at Parc because they are unobstructed, hence the swamp land. I didn't like that we had to drive everywhere. There is no public transportation available, other than calling a cab.

We had a 2 bedroom on a very high floor, it faced the pool, but you are so high up you just see out into the distance. There are no screens or wind shield, so it gets VERY windy up there. We were there in January and it was downright cold sitting out on the balcony and the way the building faced, I never had any sun on the balcony.

Parc was nice, but there was nothing around and you needed a car to go anywhere. The shuttles to the park are few and far between, I think they give you 2 options in the morning and 2 options at the end of the day upon return.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I have also looked at the Seaworld and I-Drive but they dont offer a Penthouse option. Is there anyway of booking a Penthouse in one of these locations?

regards

ibcnu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I don't believe the Sea World nor the I-Drive resorts have penthouses.

I didn't stay in a penthouse at Parc Soileil, we just stayed the floor below in a 2 bedroom lock-out.

Parc Soilel is comprised of 2 high rise buildings.

I know when we checked in we wanted a theme park view for fireworks but they could not accomodate us but did give us a high floor facing what is now the "Orlando Eye" in the distance. I forget if that was the 100 or 200 building.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would really like to stay in a penthouse but if the resort is so secluded it seems as I might need to reconsider?

Any idea if it's possible to get a top floor unit on seaworld or I-drive?

Regards

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would really like to stay in a penthouse but if the resort is so secluded it seems as I might need to reconsider?

Any idea if it's possible to get a top floor unit on seaworld or I-drive?

Regards

I suggest you look at its location on a map... If you plan on only walking and taking Cabs, it might be better to stay on I drive since you are next to outlets.

Otherwise, a car can get you where you food and whatnot within 10 minutes (which is consistent with almost any other location in Florida). Alternativly, you can be in downtown disney in less than 20 minutes.

Florida as a general rule does not have good public transport. My suggestion, Rent a Car no matter which resort you go to.

Kendall in Texas

TUG Member
Reaction score
We feel like a car is a must in Orlando. And Parc is a very nice resort. I wouldn't spend the points to upgrade to a penthouse there. All of the rooms are new and nice. And as stated earlier, the penthouse is just a higher view of the pool or the swampland. The view does give you an appreciation for Walt's vision.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I wouldn't say Parc Soleil is in a swamp land. It's more alike a rocky wasteland.
It's in the middle of what was supposed to be a multi-use development ("Midtowne").
But that never took off, so it's out there on it's own, kind'a lonesome.

We typically switch between Seaworld & I-Drive. Yeah, you need a car to go anyplace.

mgeez

TUG Member
Reaction score
We switch between Parc and Seaworld twice a year. In all honesty, the firework views are so far away it really doesnt matter where they put us in the resort. The pool view is neat when they have pool movies playing. We do however like the higher floors. There are some rooms on the Disney side that also face the pool, so you would have both views. These rooms are high up on the bldg with the lobby. Parc is a super quiet resort after a long day at the parks, if quiet is what one needs.
Seaworld has that "mature" resort feel. Large trees, established landscaping, lots of grass behind the buildings, nice plush walking paths. But it is noisier than Parc. Just a more "homey" feel.
Even though Parc is way newer than Seaworld, we have never been disappointed with our stay at Seaworld.
I agree with the above posts.....a car is a must wherever you stay outside of the Disney properties. We have never ever spent more than $175 for a 7 day rental. Well worth the money!

Last edited:

monty9119

Reaction score
My family and I stayed @ Parc twice in the last 2 years and really have enjoyed it. We did drive down to Orlando which made it easier to commute all over the place. This last time I was able to get the 1 Bedroom Penthouse on the top corner of building 1 which was awesome. Looking @ my reservation it was labeled as "1 Bedroom Penthouse Premier" if that matters. Which I do believe is a top room floor overlooking the back of the property. In the distance we were able to see the fireworks for Disney and some other parks. (4th of July show was nice!).

The proximity of the hotel to all the parks are all reasonable and is a good distance in between the Disney property, Universal and Seaworld. I am also not so positive if they offer shuttles or not. I dont think you can go wrong with any of those rooms to be honest - but as other people mentioned, you may want to get yourself a rental if you need to travel. There is a super walmart within a few miles as well if you need to go food shopping as well.