• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Timetables

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
Anyone having delays with ROFR? I had one in July that sailed through in about 8 days after payment. I completed payment for another low-level resale on 10/27 - closing agent says they are still waiting on ROFR from HGVC. Is this still within the window of how long ROFR just takes sometimes, or should I start to be more persistent?

Msb1102

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone having delays with ROFR? I had one in July that sailed through in about 8 days after payment. I completed payment for another low-level resale on 10/27 - closing agent says they are still waiting on ROFR from HGVC. Is this still within the window of how long ROFR just takes sometimes, or should I start to be more persistent?
Seems like Hilton is burning through the process since they are waiving just about everything. More likely than not, your closing agent is lying to you.

If you don't mind me asking, who are you using?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
HGVC has a specific number of days to exercise ROFR; that time period is generally in the 10-14 day range. So if you haven't heard anything, either your agent is lax about submitting the paperwork, your agent is lying to you, or your deal is being shopped around for a higher price (in which case you will be told that HGVC exercised ROFR; should that happen, demand written verification).

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Had a unit go to ROFR about a month ago. Got ROFR waiver back in about 2 days. Fastest ROFR from any system I have experienced. Unit actually just loaded into my account. Took about 30 days from ROFR to getting deed recorded and HGVC putting unit into my account.

I am now an owner of The District. Will certainly use the no fee club booking option by paying the higher annual club fee. Reminds me, that I have to call HGVV tomorrow to make sure that I get charged the higher club fee.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
I signed an offer on 11/16 and just got the closing docs yesterday. It passed ROFR on 11/19.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I signed an offer on 11/16 and just got the closing docs yesterday. It passed ROFR on 11/19.

I would think that with the slow sales of timeshares by the developer due to the slowdown in travel and the number of resorts closed as well as the anticipation of an increase in foreclosures due to the poor economy and loss of jobs that developers are not using their ROFR privilege to take many properties.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
As others have said, this is anywhere from a day to a week lately. I've sold two and bought one recently and this is my range.

Cheers.

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
I paid on October 27 and was told info was going out to HGVC. Checked in with them on November 10, Nov. 20 and Nov. 30 - keep being told they are waiting to hear back from HGVC.

Their name is Resort Closings - it's buyandselltimesharescom on eBay. They are affiliated with J&J Timeshares out of Bozeman, MT. Had a super-smooth experience with them this summer - paid on July 1, ROFR passed July 8, points in my (new) HGVC account to use on Aug. 17. This deal had free closing, free transfer, and the purchase price was like $255 (3400 Gold EOY even but free 2020 rolled over points), so it's not like I'm in for a ton of investment. Just frustrating because I would really like to have had access to those points for especially this new 40% off sale.