• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Timeline

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
For those that have bought resale in the past couple of months, how long has the ROFR process taken? I know it’s supposed to be completed in 30 days, but with the labor shortage and everything else going, I’m curious on how long it’s been taking.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those that have bought resale in the past couple of months, how long has the ROFR process taken? I know it’s supposed to be completed in 30 days, but with the labor shortage and everything else going, I’m curious on how long it’s been taking.

It took 2- 3 working days. Sent it on a Thursday, and ROFR passed on Monday afternoon. This was in May of this year. Sent by Judi's new closing company.

rlgtict1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Exploring
I just bought one resale. ROFR passed in under a week.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was 2 days for me. The form was sent to HGVC on Tuesday, June 24 and we received the estoppel and word they waived ROFR on Thursday, June 26.

LT Transfers has been great.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. Been waiting for the right deal to come along to get 7000. Jumped on it when I got the chance. Ready for it close so I can start planning some HGV time.

That was me too. If you see a great deal, you need to pounce. Two years ago, mine wouldn’t have passed ROFR. I wanted to get in before HGVC started exercising on deeds again.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
Am I correct in thinking that once Grand Vacations Title notifies me that they are working on the closing that we have passed ROFR?

We signed the contract with Diane Nadeau at the end of May, but Hilton did not process the credit card down-payment until last week. Just received a letter via USPS from Grand Vacations Title that "your file was received on June 22". I'm thinking maybe it was going through the ROFR during those 4 weeks?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My transaction is fully completed and next years points are in our account. Total timeline was June 17 (purchase contract signed) to August 6 (points into our account), just shy of 2 months. LT Transfers initially gave a 4-6 week timeline once they sent out the completed and recorded deed to HGVC, but it was a little less 3 weeks to get those points into my account. Very fast.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
I bought 4 earlier this year...2 were within a couple days (one same day), one was around 1.5 weeks and the other went close to 30.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought 4 earlier this year...2 were within a couple days (one same day), one was around 1.5 weeks and the other went close to 30.

Is this for ROFR or updating your account once they receive the recorded deed?

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
Is this for ROFR or updating your account once they receive the recorded deed?

ROFR - They all 4 got in my account between 1 to 2 weeks after they recorded the deed. One of them I had to call as it wasn't showing the points rolling over but they got it squared away pretty quickly.