• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR passed 3 days after received. Mandatory owner questions.

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
ROFR passed at WKORV 3rd business day after received. Just assumed if they were going to pass on ROFR that they’d simply not respond. What’s there to be gained by turning it down so quickly, not that I’m unhappy. Anyways, will hopefully be a mandatory owner if seller completes documents and all transfers and recordings complete in about 10 weeks or so.

1) To use SOs for 2021 use year, can this be done online? Or do I have to call?
2) do I have to convert to SO before making a reservation at a non home resort SVN resort 8 months before arrival?
3) if I choose to bank my SOs, do I have to convert to SO then bank before 7/1/21? and are banked options good for any checkin for years 2022 & 2023, or can you use banked options still in remainder of 2021?
4) when making a home resort reservation, at exactly 12 months, is that midnight EST, so booking say 9/4/21 check-in can be done as early as 9/3/20 at 9pm PST equivalent to 12am on 9/4/20?
5) will vistana send me the fees or rules (fee for cancelling, fee to bank, restricted options if I cancel 60 days or less prior to arrival, what I can do if I cancel my home resort reservation the day before arrival, etc)
6) if I lockoff and book a home resort studio for 1 week and home resort 1 br., for consecutive weeks, do I have to book each separately or can I book both weeks such that the 2nd week is essentially 12 months + 1 week in advance?

Eager to make my first home resort reservation later in the fall

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
1. Yes, once your online account is established.
2. No
3. You don't have to convert to SO's, but you must bank before 7/1/21. The SO's would be good in 2022 and 2023 and no longer usable in 2021.
4. Exactly.
5. No
6. Separate reservations, each made 12 months in advance.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hear that Vistana and other timeshares (except Wyndham) transfer now in record times.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once they notify you they exercised their right, your transaction can move on. It is in your favor for them to react quickly. It is also better to have written confirmation rather than just assume they passed. That way there is no room for them to say they replied and you just didn't get the answer.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Congrats on passing ROFR. Please enter info on the sale into ROFR.net

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once they notify you they exercised their right, your transaction can move on. It is in your favor for them to react quickly. It is also better to have written confirmation rather than just assume they passed. That way there is no room for them to say they replied and you just didn't get the answer.
Agreed, glad they said no to ROFR. I was just curious why Vistana/Marriott would do me any favors.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on passing ROFR. Please enter info on the sale into ROFR.net
I did enter info prior to posting here. Even though they turned down ROFR, didn’t want to jinx it and waited the full 10 days before posting, but guessing they can’t change their minds once they say no to ROFR

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hear that Vistana and other timeshares (except Wyndham) transfer now in record times.
I certainly hope so. Looking forward to many years of home resort reservations

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope so. Looking forward to many years of home resort reservations
I know this from a good source (LT) in addition to my recent experience with Vistana. Probably less people actively work now in the Title transfers department but with the sales department closed they only have to process resale (and deedbacks if that is still happening)

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
As a former WKORV-N OF owner, know that if you want to be guaranteed the view that you purchased, you HAVE to book within the owner's priority window of 8-12 months in advance. Once you fall outside of that window, you will have to use SOs, and that OV or OF view may not be available because someone else used SOs to book it. Any time you pay extra for an upgraded view, it pays to plan well in advance of your travel and to use both sides in your use year...unless you want to book at another resort, of course.