• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I was the winning bidder on 25,200 points, platinum, for a mere $10,000. I am assuming Hilton will exercise ROR, this deal is too good. But given the Covid 19 pandemic Hilton may be conserving cash.

Wow, great purchase, congrats. Hope it goes through for you.

I don’t see that on the points chart though, is it 2 deeds of 2br plus (12,600 x 2)? The highest listed is 3BR Premier Platinum at 23,000 points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MrPipman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club and King's Land
Wow, great purchase, congrats. Hope it goes through for you.

I don’t see that on the points chart though, is it 2 deeds of 2br plus (12,600 x 2)? The highest listed is 3BR Premier Platinum at 23,000 points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
yes 2 deeds at 12,600

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Congrats! That's a lot of points. What do you plan to do with them?

Nocdavis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kohala Suites
Have agreement/contract on 16,800 annual points at Kohala Suites for $7,400 MF of $3,409.68. It's two 2bdrm plus on one deed.

I'm jealous of that Kings Land deal above :)

MrPipman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club and King's Land
Congrats! That's a lot of points. What do you plan to do with them?
We Live on Oahu on the windward side, my wife and I love to spend time at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, this will give us 18 nights in the Lagoon Tower 2 bedroom ocean front unit.

Nocdavis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kohala Suites
ROFR was waived. Input on ROFR.net. Relevant details:

16,800 points at Kohala Suites purchased for $7,400 through Diane Nadeau . MF $3,410. Two 2Bdrm plus platinum season on one deed.

1587736938910.png

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
that's a bargain - congrats on such a deal.

bigrockstar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Club at SeaWorld
ROFR Waved! Added info to rofr.net

Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld
2 Bedroom, Platinum Season, Annual, 7000 Pts.
Accepted offer of $3,995
MF $1,240.99
Purchased through Jessica O'Daniel, of Redbud Timeshare Realty, Inc.

Sold with this year's points unused and MF's up to date! I feel very fortunate.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
ROFR Waved! Added info to rofr.net

Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld
2 Bedroom, Platinum Season, Annual, 7000 Pts.
Accepted offer of $3,995
MF $1,240.99
Purchased through Jessica O'Daniel, of Redbud Timeshare Realty, Inc.

Sold with this year's points unused and MF's up to date! I feel very fortunate.
Congrats! That’s a great price. I got same SeaWorld Platinum 7k for $4000 on EBay. I’ve been very happy owning there.

Sean

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I bought West 57 Gold Studio (3750), Biennial (odd years) on EBay early March for $1025 (not including closing/transfer fees which will be billed at closing). ROFR waived last week - I think it took longer due to Covid.

I was pleased to see that they had W57 EOY - not sure when they began selling those. I will add this to my existing annual 3750 pts to boost up the bHC pool, so 7500 every other year (though double MF those years).

Sean

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Just got word this week that ROFR waived on another EBay purchase. I bought 1BR Premier gold week, 8700 points at The Residences for $3250. Price submitted to HGVC was $4174 (included closing and transfer fees). MF are pricey there. I’m hoping to use it as a trade-in along with a gold week at W57 to get into The Quin at some future “owner update”.

Sean

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Just got word this week that ROFR waived on another EBay purchase. I bought 1BR Premier gold week, 8700 points at The Residences for $3250. Price submitted to HGVC was $4174 (included closing and transfer fees). MF are pricey there. I’m hoping to use it as a trade-in along with a gold week at W57 to get into The Quin at some future “owner update”.

Sean
Interesting update on the speed of this purchase. I won the EBay auction on May 4th and emailed my paperwork about 2 days later. We cleared ROFR on May 14th. I FedEx’d my notarized NY documents on May 18th (2day delivery) and just for fun, searched ACRIS (NY website to find deeds and other documents) and saw that it was already recorded on May 27th. Now, just waiting for Hilton to recognize it. The swiftness (to get from purchase to recorded deed in 23 days) has been most impressive.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
As I said in the TUG talk that we had back over a month ago. I, along with others, predicted the ROFR funds would dry up and HGVC would be letting offers get accept buy now if you want something. And low ball. If you are selling and NOT desperate, hold one until next year.

Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Just heard back from the closing company on a 2BR Plat at the BLVD in LV (7000 points). We've cleared ROFR!

Purchase Price: $1500
Closing/resort transfer/estoppel fees paid by buyer (includes title insurance): $1194
Total submitted for ROFR: $2694
Club activation and membership fee will be billed later.

I've been watching HGVC for awhile and this was an opportunity to get in at a fantastic price. Looks like they are waiving pretty much everything right now.

Timeline:
Offer accepted: May 21
Contracts signed: May 22-25
Contract send to closing agent: May 26
ROFR submitted: May 27
ROFR waived: June 3

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@jabberwocky Wow, that's a fantastic price for a great unit. Please don't forget to update ROFR.net if you haven't already with your $2694 price.

Where did you find this deal?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@jabberwocky Wow, that's a fantastic price for a great unit. Please don't forget to update ROFR.net if you haven't already with your $2694 price.

Where did you find this deal?

It was a RedWeek full-service listing. I paid the asking price as it was more than reasonable and I wasn't sure that it would pass ROFR. I thought it must have been a mistake, but the estoppel seemed to be in order. I must say that the RedWeek agent we've worked with has been excellent (estoppel was received within two hours of me requesting it).

ROFR.net has been updated.

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from the closing company on a 2BR Plat at the BLVD in LV (7000 points). We've cleared ROFR!

Closing/resort transfer/estoppel fees paid by buyer (includes title insurance): $1194

I've been watching HGVC for awhile and this was an opportunity to get in at a fantastic price. Looks like they are waiving pretty much everything right now.

Timeline:
congrats!!!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Timeline:

Nice!!!!!!

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.

Timeline:

You beat me to it! I made an inquiry on Redweek when I saw this and I was told someone else had already taken it. Congrats and enjoy!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You beat me to it! I made an inquiry on Redweek when I saw this and I was told someone else had already taken it. Congrats and enjoy!

Then I'm glad I didn't hesitate too long! :geek: I have a feeling there will be other good deals coming up later this year.

Considering our presentation on a recent promo package they wanted us to buy 14,400 for over $130k, this is a steal. I just can't wait to show this to the salesperson when he tells me that they always buy all resales with ROFR.

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
Cleared ROFR

2BR Plat at HGV on Paradise in Las Vegas 7000 points

Total submitted for ROFR: $4049

I've added it to ROFR.net

Timeline:
ROFR submitted: May 20