• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found the answer I expected in the Hilton Club Disclosure statement. Can do Guest Certificate for family/friends (for a fee), but not for rental or commercial use; failure to comply can forfeit membership, yada yada. So, I guess that just means we have to find a renter who will suddenly become part of the family .
Sean

Or one that is a "friend." And the definition is up to you :)

Cheers.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hilton Club New York (HCNY)
9,000 deeded interest points for $9,650 listed with RedWeek Full-Service Listing
First year of use and MF payment in 2020
ROFR submitted 11/25/19 and passed 12/20/2019
Closing cost is $1,972 with Grand Vacations Title
, which also includes resort transfer fee, recording fees and title insurance.

It's too late to edit my post above, so doing this follow-up. Apparently, the data point I reported earlier in this thread and on rofr.net is for an RTU ownership.

As it turns out, the HCNY deed being sold to us was in fact RTU that expires in 2032. I'm a bit disappointed that a RedWeek Full-Service Listing missed this important criterion for a real estate property. We were clear at the outset that we were not interested in an RTU ownership at HCNY. It may have been misreported by the seller, but as the broker I would think RW confirms what it is they're selling before advertising it. If I bought a house that I thought I would own in perpetuity and then was told, after signing a contract, that in fact I would only own it for 12 years ... anyway. Contract will be cancelled and deposit refunded, so no harm done.

What irks me more is that I was the one who had to bring it to their attention. Every time I've bought a deeded week, I've always done my own preliminary title search - partly out of curiosity, mostly out of due diligence. I usually check the property's history after signing the purchase agreement and get the seller's information. This gives me ten days to cancel the contract if something was not right. I didn't do it sooner this time because it was a RW Full-Service Listing - a trusted source. When I did check ACRIS (New York's online record of deeds) after hearing we passed ROFR, that's when I saw the original contract sold by HGV was RTU. The original owner of the contract defaulted on dues, so the HOA auctioned it off which the current owner/seller bought and is now looking to sell. I would like to think that RW would have caught it before we got too deep into the process or worse yet before the deed was recorded in our names, but who knows? Semper caveat emptor!

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is quite disappointing. The Full-Service listings on RedWeek are definitely supposed to do the due diligence to check things like this. Definitely a Fail on their part.

Cheers.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
What did the current owner pay? It was a pretty good price if you are ok with it going poof in 12 years. I would have thought HGVC would have bought and converted to perpetual and sold off in two pieces.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is quite disappointing. The Full-Service listings on RedWeek are definitely supposed to do the due diligence to check things like this. Definitely a Fail on their part.

I agree.

What did the current owner pay? It was a pretty good price if you are ok with it going poof in 12 years. I would have thought HGVC would have bought and converted to perpetual and sold off in two pieces.

According to records, original owners of the HCNY 9,000-point contract paid $33,850 in 2006. The current owner/seller bought it for $22,942 in 2018. Maybe HGV would have waived ROFR at an even lower selling price given that it only has twelve years left on the contract. Some party might be interested in usage expiring in 2032, but I was looking for something longer term.

skibikegokf

Reaction score
I own a Lagoon Tower 2br plus. We have 8400 platinum HGVC points per year.

What are bHC points?

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
bHC stands for "By Hilton Club" which is a subsection of HGVC. W57th is sort of a bHC and The District (Washington DC) and The Residences (NYC) are official bHC. Points are more expensive, but have owners lounges with breakfast and appetizers and drinks in the evenings. A better booking window as well. The "AI" feature means you don't pay reservation fees, which is nice if you book several short stays instead of a single 1 week home week,

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Excited because we are re-establishing w/ HGVC. Although we own @ the BayClub, decided not to Hiltionize. At least this purchase will allow us off season access as well as the cash option. It's half the cost of MarBrisa and do not have to rely on RCI trade in.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Excited because we are re-establishing w/ HGVC. Although we own @ the BayClub, decided not to Hiltionize. At least this purchase will allow us off season access as well as the cash option. It's half the cost of MarBrisa and do not have to rely on RCI trade in.
You thought it out and figured out what would work best for you. Love it!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Nice move!

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Congratulations on figuring it out and making it work for you.

huddyka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like Anderson is aggressive on the ROFR. Didn't you have a 1 BR Platinum EOY bought also back last month?
I'm looking to transfer my Anderson Ocean unit - have there been other cases of them exercising ROFR?

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to transfer my Anderson Ocean unit - have there been other cases of them exercising ROFR?

If I remember correctly, you are trying to give away a 2 BR Gold EOY 5000 point unit, right? I don't think you will have a problem with ROFR on that unit.
To see the ROFR activity which TUG users have posted please check rofr.net

fabro001

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Villas at Disney's Grand Californian
DVC Saratoga Springs
HGVC Marbrisa
HGVC W57th
Wyndham Worldmark
W 57th. 3750points. Points available to
Use in 2021. $1682 inclusive of closing costs and transfer fee. Offer placed in October 2019. ROFR waived at the end of December 2019. Just submitted final closing docs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
W 57th. 3750points. Points available to
Use in 2021. $1682 inclusive of closing costs and transfer fee. Offer placed in October 2019. ROFR waived at the end of December 2019. Just submitted final closing docs.

Very nice price for a great location. Congrats!

Cheers.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
they're giving it away. I'm surprised as NY is still a very much in demand and salable (retail) location. Perhaps the fact the points for 2020 were gone made it possible to get it so cheap

alyap

Reaction score
ROFR waived 3bdrm The Blvd Las Vegas, Gold Season, 7000pts. $1000 price plus all other fees

mrharris03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: SeaWorld II; Kings' Land; Craigendarroch Lodges x2; HCNY; Residences bHC
Vistana: WKORVN
DVC: AUL, VGF
I was advised today by our closing company that ROFR was waived on our purchase of an 11,600 point 1BR penthouse (Gold) week at the Residences by Hilton Club. Purchase price is $9,000 (a 90% discount off the original purchase price based on the deed consideration data in ACRIS) with first use in 2021 and with us paying closing costs. I'm assuming the timing of our deal (just before the coronavirus pandemic shuttered NY) together and the resulting economic uncertainty contributed to the waiver. I'll hold off on putting this into ROFR.net until I have the waiver in hand, but this may bode well for other transactions during this time period.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I was advised today by our closing company that ROFR was waived on our purchase of an 11,600 point 1BR penthouse (Gold) week at the Residences by Hilton Club. Purchase price is $9,000 (a 90% discount off the original purchase price based on the deed consideration data in ACRIS) with first use in 2021 and with us paying closing costs. I'm assuming the timing of our deal (just before the coronavirus pandemic shuttered NY) together and the resulting economic uncertainty contributed to the waiver. I'll hold off on putting this into ROFR.net until I have the waiver in hand, but this may bode well for other transactions during this time period.
Congratulations! That’s a great price for that number of bHC points. Too bad it’s gold week because maintenance fees are pretty pricey there. I concur that anything coming through our ROFR is more likely to be waived given the economic situation. I think they just want to guarantee customers will be paying maintenance fees. We shall see.

Sean

MrPipman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club and King's Land
I was the winning bidder on 25,200 points, platinum, for a mere $10,000. I am assuming Hilton will exercise ROR, this deal is too good. But given the Covid 19 pandemic Hilton may be conserving cash.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I was the winning bidder on 25,200 points, platinum, for a mere $10,000. I am assuming Hilton will exercise ROR, this deal is too good. But given the Covid 19 pandemic Hilton may be conserving cash.

Which resort?

MrPipman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club and King's Land
King's Land Big Island and the points are annual.