• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
And now this one has passed ROFR. So, need some advice from the group as to how to post on REFR.net:

This is two 4800 pt. Platinum units, and the base total (no fees) was $6250 (I presume that this is what was sent to Hilton, as opposed to having any of the fees lumped in). My feeling is that I should list the 4800 Pt. Plat 1BR @ $3125 in the database rather than 9600 pt. @ 6250 since that is the actual unit size.

(I also see how much lower I likely could have gotten this based on recent ROFR results)

Thoughts?

Cheers.
Looks like you picked flamingo as your new resort in the rofr site instead of boulevard.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like you picked flamingo as your new resort in the rofr site instead of boulevard.

Well, crud! I did, didn't I? Must have those Flamingo units on my mind. I added it again for Boulevard and will see about getting the site owners to remove the errant posting.

Thanks for noticing!

Cheers.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Well, crud! I did, didn't I? Must have those Flamingo units on my mind. I added it again for Boulevard and will see about getting the site owners to remove the errant posting.

I will take care of it next week when I am back home.

jbroner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Great Smokey Mtn.
Wyndham Grand Dessert
Wyndham Club Access
Hilton 2br Platinum Sea World
Hilton 2br Grande Gold Elara
Just completed my 2nd Resale Purchase. I found it on the TUG For Sale ad section. Purchased it through Express Closing Firm, LLC who represented the Seller so I do not know what they charged the Seller so not sure what they submitted to HGV for the ROFR. I think I did ok, it included 6600 pts transferred from 2018, and 6600 2019 pts with all the maintenance fee's paid through 2019 with no reimbursement to the previous owner. It was advertised as 6600 Platinum HGVC Elara Annual points, but when I got the estopple, it is actually a 2 Bedroom Grande Gold. The 6600 annual points 2019 maintenance fee was $1,190.62 so still thought it was a good deal so went ahead with the purchase. I paid $2,500.00 plus the $409.00 transfer fee and the $609.00 activation fee, so total out of pocket for everything was $3,518.00. Express Closing Firm, LLC did a great job and everything was super smooth. I signed the contract on 7/25 and received notice from Hilton yesterday 10/7, so a pretty quick transaction. I do not plan on using this at the Elara, just wanted close to the 7000 points with a decent maintenance fee ratio with a low entry cost. Should I have waited for a true Platinum or did I do ok with the gold ??

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Just completed my 2nd Resale Purchase. I found it on the TUG For Sale ad section. Purchased it through Express Closing Firm, LLC who represented the Seller so I do not know what they charged the Seller so not sure what they submitted to HGV for the ROFR. I think I did ok, it included 6600 pts transferred from 2018, and 6600 2019 pts with all the maintenance fee's paid through 2019 with no reimbursement to the previous owner. It was advertised as 6600 Platinum HGVC Elara Annual points, but when I got the estopple, it is actually a 2 Bedroom Grande Gold. The 6600 annual points 2019 maintenance fee was $1,190.62 so still thought it was a good deal so went ahead with the purchase. I paid $2,500.00 plus the $409.00 transfer fee and the $609.00 activation fee, so total out of pocket for everything was $3,518.00. Express Closing Firm, LLC did a great job and everything was super smooth. I signed the contract on 7/25 and received notice from Hilton yesterday 10/7, so a pretty quick transaction. I do not plan on using this at the Elara, just wanted close to the 7000 points with a decent maintenance fee ratio with a low entry cost. Should I have waited for a true Platinum or did I do ok with the gold ??
On the estoppel does have the blank for HGVC points filled in accurately to show your 2018, 2019 and 2020 points as being HGVC? I think it is in the lower right of the page. Just wondering if this is a Westgate.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
On the estoppel does have the blank for HGVC points filled in accurately to show your 2018, 2019 and 2020 points as being HGVC? I think it is in the lower right of the page. Just wondering if this is a Westgate.

6600 is valid for a 2BR Plus Gold Season.

83e5107dfb672b3686351d09fd977e24.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score

In the contract or in any other document did it say that you are getting the 2018 banked points as well as 2019 current year points? What did the contract say about your use year?

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks for noticing!

Cheers.

This time you made it a 2 BR instead of 1 BR.

jbroner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Dessert
Wyndham Club Access
It is definitely HGVC, the points have been added to my existing account, received the welcome letter from Hilton etc.

jbroner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Dessert
Wyndham Club Access
In the contract or in any other document did it say that you are getting the 2018 banked points as well as 2019 current year points? What did the contract say about your use year?
In the contract it stated I was getting 6600 2018 banked pts, 6600 2019 current points and that I was responsible for maintenance fee's starting in 2020. All the points were added to my HGVC account on Monday. So I have 6600 pts from 2018 to use before the end of the year or transfer to RCI, 6600 plus my existing 2019 pts to use by end of year or transfer to next year and shows my 7000 plus the new 6600 available for 2020.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
This time you made it a 2 BR instead of 1 BR.

I live in freakin' Silicon Valley. You'd think I'd know how to work a basic website! I really must have those 2BR Flamingos on the brain!

OK, now I have entered the right info...I think...

@GT75 can I request one more clean-up in aisle 12 for the second gaffe? Thanks!

Actually, 2 more clean-ups. Amazingly, I did it wrong again and put Gold (also the Flamingo season). I have done it yet again, and it really is right.

I am so sorry about this!

Cheers.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am so sorry about this!
No worries. Yes, you do live in Silicon Valley. It is a simple DB, if my login works.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Actually, 2 more clean-ups. Amazingly, I did it wrong again and put Gold (also the Flamingo season). I have done it yet again, and it really is right.

OK, I had to get my security setting updated to get into the db. I have been able to update it now. If I understand correctly, you purchased two Boulevard 1Br units in Platinum season. So, that is what I changed it to and deleted the other one. Please checkup and ensure I did a proper "cleanup on aisle 12".

Anw015

Reaction score
ROFL exercised 10/15/19
Anderson Ocean Club
1 Bedroom
Annual
4,200 Points
$2388 all fees
$709 MF

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
ROFL exercised 10/15/19
Anderson Ocean Club
1 Bedroom
Annual
4,200 Points
$2388 all fees
$709 MF

Looks like Anderson is aggressive on the ROFR. Didn't you have a 1 BR Platinum EOY bought also back last month?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Looks like Anderson is aggressive on the ROFR. Didn't you have a 1 BR Platinum EOY bought also back last month?
I agree. I would have expected HGVC/affiliate actually to waive rights on gold unit.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. I would have expected HGVC/affiliate actually to waive rights on gold unit.

Also, I heard that all the SC resorts ROFR budget comes from the Strand Capital Group instead of HGVC. So its the developer who is buying back.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
ROFL exercised 10/15/19
Anderson Ocean Club
1 Bedroom
Annual
4,200 Points
$2388 all fees
$709 MF

It wasn't that bad an offer.......

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I would have expected it to pass too. Trying to think it out, some of those gold weeks fall into weeks that are desirable. They might be selling or they might be renting easily thus they are not waiving. No matter what the reason they don’t seem fazed over any acquisition talks related to hgvc system.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I’ve done that before. If it auto corrects and I don’t check it, it’s there for all to see.

Could be... I thought she simply used the format of a prior post (see #329) and didn’t realize their error. Both of her recent posts (#342 & #364) state ROFL.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I hate it when autocorrects do this...

Perhaps it's a Freudian Slip by the developers in that they are ROFL...Laughing all the way to the bank!

Anw015

Reaction score