• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Riviera Beach & Spa Resort Vacation

kcmba

Reaction score
Do you have any information on timeshares at Riviera Beach & Spa Resort in Orange County, CA? I am interested in knowing the reputation of the resort, prices of timeshares recently sold or anything that would prove helpful in setting the price of a timeshare at this resort.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
At the top of the page - red bar - there is a link to Resorts and Reviews - if you join TUG you can access that area.

Another option is to use the search function in the blue bar at the top of the page and search for the resort by exact name.

Typically, timeshares only sell for 0-5% of original retail - check the selling price in the TUG Marketplace, and ebay for some examples.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I'm happy to answer anything I can. I'm an owner there.

Like Denise said, there are reviews and pictures and other details in the TUG marketplace. There's also a section wherein TUG members can input details about sales - a price history.

I got my ownership on eBay for about $50. It's a two bedroom, ocean view unit. It's an every other year ownership. The MF increased when Diamond took over, but they also made clear improvements and seem to continue to make improvements. My ownership is not through DRI. The way I make my reservation has changed over the years too. Currently it's a pretty simply process online. I easily get the week I want :) I really like the place and enjoy it but some people would not like it. It's not a Marriott.

It's very close to train tracks, which annoy some people. My son LOVES it and I think it's fun too. My family can sleep through anything so it doesn't annoy us. We like the pool a lot. There's nothing too special about it but it's a nice temperature and there are usually friendly people there using it - kids to play with etc. The nearby beach is nice (I strongly recommend using the north part of Doheny beach where the snackbar is and the volley ball courts etc, though, not the south part that is directly across from the resort).

By the way, it's looking like they're replacing that pedestrian bridge to make it ADA accessible which will be a HUGE improvement. That means an elevator! It will make street parking more of a realistic option and it will allow people with disabilities a safe way to get to the beach without having to get in a car. For me, the exciting part is that we always use bikes when we go there and this will make getting the bike to the beach easier and safer. I think that whole section is going to improve with bike paths and better sidewalks etc. It's going to look more like Dana Point and San Clemente.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was being renovated when I stayed there a couple years ago. The spa was only open by appointments and the restaurant was completely closed. I don't know if either of those things opened up again after they renovation. It was taken over by Diamond Resorts and my guess is that they raised fees and upgraded some stuff.

Nice location if you want to walk across the street and go to the beach. I don't know what current resales are going for now, but prior to Diamond taking over, you could find it for under $100. on Ebay. You can look at what people are currently asking by searching the resort on Ebay, Tug marketplace and Redweek.com.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Let me add that while I am very fond of this place, I would not buy an off season week and I would not get a unit that doesn't have a view. I think of those as pretty worthless. Honestly, when I've been there during off season I was not impressed. Summer is so much better!

To answer Presley's questions, the restaurant is permanently closed. They converted that space into a sales room. Disappointing but it is what it is.
The spa is still appointment only as far as I know. I never used it.

Last edited: