• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RiverPointe Napa Valley NPV next week, any recommendations?

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to RiverPointe Napa Valley NPV at the end of next week, any recommendations?
Restaurants? Activities?

Do you know what is open?

Will any other Tuggers be there, let me know!

Thanks!
Karen

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Not sure if you’re into wine tasting. You’ll need an appointment to do so. I recommend:

It’s only about 7 miles from Riverpointe (we call it Candyland due to the different colored trailers).

I like Bounty Hunter BBQ in town.

California is mostly in the worst tier right now so expect limited access. [political/deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We dined outside at Oenotri two weeks ago. It’s in downtown Napa. The 2008 Burgess Merlot on their wine list was wonderful and a good value IMO. We liked it so much we went back six nights later.

The Culinary Institute at Copia is doing dinners Friday thru Sunday. We had a nice dinner there too.

You can make reservations at both and I recommend it.

Our unit at Riverpointe was very cold overnight. We had to turn the heater way down because it blasted the bedroom area.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I thought it sounded like California was shutting down pretty much again. Curfews in some counties, no indoor dining again. I'd do some careful checking.

This article seemed to have some good information about which counties are affected (Napa being among them).

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Many businesses will be ignoring the current rule. Just be prepared to do the mask drill.

Keep social media posts to a minimum and enjoy.

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, for advice and suggestions!

We will check them out. We plan to rent electric bikes, and have made a reservation for wine tasting at Foley Johnson, where we are a member. They said we could make reservations for every day and taste free!

We plan to eat and wine-taste outdoors or do take out. It seems the smart thing to do. The curfew won't bother us, at all. We will be snuggled up by 10 pm anyway, because we are early birds!

Last edited:

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
The fall colors are gorgeous, the weather is crisp but perfect, and wine tasting is by appt only, with some allowing walk ins. Many wineries are not open at all. We rented electric bikes and had a lovely 2 hour ride on the bike trail.

At Riverpointe, the jacuzzi's are closed, but the pool is open (they said it's heated, but it's too cold outside for a bathing suit!) You can make an appt to use the rec room, with pool table and foosball. The staff is nice. They said they are full, but it doesn't seem like it to us. The property is lovely, seems well kept up (not 'tired' like I read in old reviews). There is a nice river side walk, next to the property.

Stronger covid rules go into effect tomorrow, I believe. For now, we haven't had any trouble eating and wine tasting on patios, with heaters. It has been pretty quiet, but they expect it to be busier on the weekend.