• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ritz Carlton

Briayon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am a Wyndham club member. I want options to stay at Ritcz Carlton this the only way would be Marriott Club membership. Not sure how to use the point system yet. Andy advice of buying in with a small amount just to be able to stay at Ritz 1x a year?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am a Wyndham club member. I want options to stay at Ritcz Carlton this the only way would be Marriott Club membership. Not sure how to use the point system yet. Andy advice of buying in with a small amount just to be able to stay at Ritz 1x a year?

It Is pretty hard to get reservations at the Ritz Carlton. You also need a lot of MVC points for a stay.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
All DCP-Enrolled Marriott owners can book stays at 5 x Ritz properties when exchanging internally [not possible via Interval] within the DCP-System.
However, the points needed/night are higher.

The 5 Ritz Properties [in order of availability]
  1. San Francisco [Most Available]
  2. Vail
  3. St. Thomas
  4. Tahoe
  5. Aspen [Most Rare]
Strangely points needed for the Ritz in SFO is a better deal than booking at the Marriott Pulse SFO.

Ritz Availability
Depending on the MVC Elite level it can be difficult or easier.
Higher elite level owners [Presidents/Chairman's-Club] can book 13-Months prior without restrictions.

Vistana/Starwood
St/ Regis & Westin are Vistana hotels with the exception of a few Westin's that are also resorts.
With the Marriott buyout of Starwood, the 2 programs are now merged, however, this only applies to hotels [Not-TS] and impacts Rewards-Benefits.
The Marriott merger with Vistana [due to the purchase of ILG which owns Vistana] should be closing shortly [delayed due to COVID].

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
How about st Regis or Weston? Worth it?

St Regis is not part of the timeshare pool. Vistana/Weston is currently separate but might be integrated. I own both MVC DPs and Vistana.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Marriott owners can book stays at 5 x Ritz properties.
However, the points needed/nights are higher.

The 5 Ritz Properties [in order of availability]
  1. San Francisco [Most Available]
  2. Vail
  3. St. Thomas
  4. Tahoe
  5. Aspen [Most Rare]
Strangely points needed for the Ritz in SFO is a better deal than booking at the Marriott Pulse SFO.

Ritz Availability
Depending on the MVC Elite level it can be difficult or easier.
Higher elite level owners [Presidents/Chairman's-Club] can book 13-Months prior without restrictions.

Vistana
St/ Regis & Westin are Vistana hotels with the exception of a few Westin's that are also resorts.
With the Marriott buyout of Starwood, the 2 programs are now merged, however, this only relates to hotels [Not-TS].
The Marriott Vistana merger with Vistana [due to the purchase of ILG which owns Vistana] should be closing shortly [delayed due to COVID].

I am Presidential level and it is hard to book at 13 months. I suspect they do not release much inventory at the 13 month mark. In the summer in St Thomas, the Ritz is also a better deal than staying at MVC Frenchman’s Cove (i.e. not much more points) but the Ritz has limited inventory compared to MVC.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I am Presidential level and it is hard to book at 13 months. I suspect they do not release much inventory at the 13 month mark. In the summer in St Thomas, the Ritz is also a better deal than staying at MVC Frenchman’s Cove (i.e. not much more points) but the Ritz has limited inventory compared to MVC.
Agree about the St. Thomas being a better value than Frenchman's cove.
Have stayed multiple times in a 2BR-Suite at Ritz St. Thomas that came with breakfast for all guests.
This was stopped when we visited last year due to the hurricane. Hope they bring it back as it was one of the most awesome TS-Exchange values.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
The Marriott merger with Vistana [due to the purchase of ILG which owns Vistana] should be closing shortly [delayed due to COVID].

??? - The merger of Marriott Vacations Worldwide and ILG closed on September 1, 2018. Or are you talking about the operational merger? If so, to say it "should be closing shortly" sounds like timeshare salesman talk.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
??? - The merger of Marriott Vacations Worldwide and ILG closed on September 1, 2018. Or are you talking about the operational merger? If so, to say it "should be closing shortly" sounds like timeshare salesman talk.
No merger between Marriott & Vistana occurred in Sep 2018.
Marriott purchased ILG in Sep 2018 and nothing changed for Vistana [owned by ILG] owners.
Minor changes have transpired within Interval since then for Vistana owners [Preferred-Viewing, Lower M-Exchange Fees].
However, the integration of the Points-System including internal exchanges [Non-Interval] between Vistana & Marriott resorts is in the works.
It is not expected that there will be a single Points-System due to the differences in the programs, however, there will be better options across the portfolio.

The details were due in April-2020, but due to COVID were delayed to summer and further delayed to later this year or early next year.
It may help if you read other channels other than TUG to find out what's happening elsewhere.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
The details were due in April-2020, but due to COVID were delayed to summer and further delayed to later this year or early next year.
It may help if you read other channels other than TUG to find out what's happening elsewhere.

You are referring to possible integration plans. As stated by contoller1 the actual merger happened back in 2018.

Your comment was rude.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
You are referring to possible integration plans. As stated by contoller1 the actual merger happened back in 2018.

Your comment was rude.
Interesting you found my comment rude.
What is your view on this " timeshare salesman talk "?

BTW: No merger ever occurred between MVCI [Marriott-TS] & Vistana.
Marriott made an acquisition of ILG [parent company of Vistana & Interval].
It was speculated that better integration would transpire between the 2 TS-Systems which has been slower to evolve given the complexities of the 2 systems.

Separately Marriott [Hotels] acquired Starwood [Hotels].
This integration has been completed [Booking, Rewards].

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Interesting you found my comment rude.
What is your view on this " timeshare salesman talk "?

BTW: No merger ever occurred between MVCI [Marriott-TS] & Vistana.
It was speculated that better integration would transpire between the 2 TS-Systems which has been slower to evolve given the complexities of the 2 systems.

By "timeshare salesman talk" I was inferring it appeared you were repeating what you heard a timeshare salesman tell you. I was certainly not indicating you were a timeshare salesman if that is what you assumed.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
By "timeshare salesman talk" I was inferring it appeared you were repeating what you heard a timeshare salesman tell you. I was certainly not indicating you were a timeshare salesman if that is what you assumed.
Peace.

I assumed wrong. Apologize for my retort.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
IBTW: No merger ever occurred between MVCI [Marriott-TS] & Vistana.

If you feel that coming under a single ownership is not a merger that is certainly your perogative.

However, integration and merger are also not the same thing. Marriott and Vistana will never be merged in the sense that the companies are dissolved with one remaining company with a single set of rules and processes. Just ask Wyndham as they attempt to integrate Shell Vacations Club with Wyndham Vacation Resorts.

They WILL develop a means of integrating which will mean working around all of the existing promises and covenants to owners to create a method where the owners in one system can more easily make use of the other system. And yes, that appears to have been slowed by COVID.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Ritz Carlton St Thomas shows up a lot for exchanges in ThirdHome as do some of the others. It’s a fairly expensive alternative to use, though and has an affiliation agreement with Marriott that seems to allow use at the luxury level. There isn’t an affiliation agreement with Vistana, though, and it is possible to set up individual accounts based on ownership of certain of the resorts. I’ve set one up using my Westin St John weeks and have seen a few others show up (e.g., WKORV, WKV).