• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Its wonderful. Very upscale, rooms are awesome, walkable to most sights (if you like to walk a bit), has a car service that will take you to/from dinner, etc. within a short drive of the facility. I highly recommend it.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Yes.....that was available to timeshare folks.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarification, There is a Ritz Carlton Hotel and a Ritz Carlton club and residences. Not at same location, so if you stay at time share you are not at hotel.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thanks rthib. I was looking at the hotel. I read that parking was free for MVC owners. Is that correct?
From the website it looks like that is correct. That would be huge for San Francisco.

Sorry, I realized you were asking about the hotel. What I quoted was for the Ritz Club.

Last edited:

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, parking is free to owners. I've stayed there twice. It's one of our favorite MVC properties.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club amd Residences in Vail. Parking was free for one car and $45 for additional cars. It is also a wonderful place to stay.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks rthib. I was looking at the hotel. I read that parking was free for MVC owners. Is that correct?

Again, free at Club not at hotel which is different location. So if you are asking about hotel the answer is no and there is no timeshare that is part of the hotel They just both have Ritz in name but are about 1/2 mile apart.

1594070959381.png

Last edited:

taxare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve, if I could amplify some of the responses. The Ritz Carlton Residences is at Market and Third. It consists of one, two and three bedroom very spacious units. Most years they are very difficult to reserve but you use your Marriott Vacation Club points to reserve it. In addition to included valet parking for one vehicle there is a lounge on the top floor which has coffee and sometimes wine tasting. It is not the same as a hotel concierge lounge. The Ritz hotel is like other Ritz hotels, there are no timeshare benefits and you will only receive the typical titanium benefits of staying at a Ritz hotel. You do not get access to the Ritz Club Lounge unless you pay for it or very very rarely get upgraded to include it (it's happened once for me) and I am lifetime titanium. Unless they have a package you will not get free parking. I really don't like telling people how terrific the Residences are because it is so hard to get a reservation, but I'm in a moment of weakness, we stay there often and we love it.

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the comments. I was confused, thinking that ts units were part of the hotel. I’ve got that straight now. I’m going to try first for Aspen. That seems unlikely so then I’ll see if I can get SF for next spring.

tahoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Free parking in SF is huge - overnight parking rates in SF hotels are out of control.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Free parking in SF is huge - overnight parking rates in SF hotels are out of control.
Luckily when we visit San Francisco these days we don't have a car.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Based on rthib‘s map above, it appears there is a BART station two blocks away. What stop is that?
Montgomery Street station is close to the Club & Residences.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Thank you for all the comments. I was confused, thinking that ts units were part of the hotel. I’ve got that straight now. I’m going to try first for Aspen. That seems unlikely so then I’ll see if I can get SF for next spring.
Of al the 5 Ritz properties [Aspen, Vail, Tahoe, St. Thomas, SFO] here is what I noticed in order of availability.
Searched between Jun 2020 --> Aug 2021.
1. Ritz San Francisco [Most Availability]
2. Ritz Vail [Next Most Available]
3. Ritz St. Thomas [Average Availability]
4. Ritz Lake Tahoe [Low Availability]
5. Ritz Aspen [Lowest Availability]

Disclaimer: Availability varies based on Season [Month] but my observation is based in general.
E.g. Vail, Aspen, Tahoe has lowest availability in Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar and highest availability in Apr, May, Jun.
However, Ritz Aspen has lowest availability year round.

I have stayed at 3 of the 5 and looking forward to Ritz Tahoe on Jul 19th and at SFO next April.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
nothing avail in Aspen for May and June 2021, which is why I’m focusing on SF right now.
You may also want to consider the Ritz Residence Club in Vail. It is one of my favorite MVC properties and has many restaurants, shops, hiking, and biking trails within easy walking distance. May-June should have good availability. I have often checked for availability at the Aspen location and have never seen anything, even in mud season.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Montgomery Street station is close to the Club & Residences.

So is the Powell Street Station. The RCC is about halfway between them -- a couple hundred yards from either. Using the right exit from either station will save more steps than which station (use the Montgomery Street exits from the Montgomery Street station; use the Stockton Street exit from the Powell Street station).

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Luckily when we visit San Francisco these days we don't have a car.

You don't need a car within San Francisco (you do for Muir Woods, wine country, etc). And even with valet parking, the location is very awkward for driving, especially rush hours. RCC is directly on one of the two busiest intersections in San Francisco (measured by the number of people passing through it).

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
You don't need a car within San Francisco (you do for Muir Woods, wine country, etc). And even with valet parking, the location is very awkward for driving, especially rush hours. RCC is directly on one of the two busiest intersections in San Francisco (measured by the number of people passing through it).
Yes I know. We used to live in the East Bay and visited San Francisco a lot. Both dh and I worked in San Francisco for years. Now when we visit we fly into Oakland, get into San Francisco, check into the hotel and either walk, take BART, use a cab or Lyft to get around. :D