• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ritz Carlton Club Reservations

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying to get a Luxury Collection reservation for Ritz club St. Thomas this year in November and was wondering if there is anyone who has successfully made one of these reservations yet?

It is slightly annoying that I have to wait until six months out, but I did already reserve MFC on St. Thomas for that week and in May I will try to change it.

ral

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told, the two bedroom units available to Premier or Premier Plus members at the Ritz-Carlton Club in St. Thomas are the two bedroom suites, not the two bedroom villas. The two bedroom suites do not have a full kitchen. They have two under counter refrigerators and a microwave, no cooktop or oven. There is a continental breakfast that is supplied in the Lounge. This information should be provided on the point chart to eliminate any confusion or disappointment with a reservation.

Last edited:

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told, the two bedroom units available to Premier or Premier Plus members at the Ritz-Carlton Club in St. Thomas are the two bedroom suites, not the two bedroom villas. The two bedroom suites do not have a full kitchen. They have two under counter refrigerators and a microwave. There is a continental breakfast that is supplied in the Lounge. This information should be provided on the point chart to eliminate any confusion or disappointment with a reservation.

That is good to know. Thanks

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told, the two bedroom units available to Premier or Premier Plus members at the Ritz-Carlton Club in St. Thomas are the two bedroom suites, not the two bedroom villas. The two bedroom suites do not have a full kitchen. They have two under counter refrigerators and a microwave, no cooktop or oven. There is a continental breakfast that is supplied in the Lounge. This information should be provided on the point chart to eliminate any confusion or disappointment with a reservation.

ral, good find! I was not aware of this until your post.

Looking into this a bit further, using this custom MVCI link:

http://pcihosting.net/ritz/st thomas.html

Looks like St. Thomas and Abaco are the two that are advertised as not full "Residences".

You are correct, the MVCI information lists St. Thomas as a Club Suite with Gallery Kitchen.

The Abaco is listed as a Club Cabana with kitchenette.

The other properties, Aspen Highlands, San Francisco, and Vail are listed as full residences with full kitchens.

Other residence features, service, and ammeneties are listed on the website as well.

Definitely good information to know prior to booking.

Thanks!

ral

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, please be informed that the 3 Culinary Presentations has been modified to 1 Culinary Presentation (Continental Breakfast) in the Club Lounge. Closer attention should be made by the website administrators of the Ritz-Carlton Destination Club as this change occurred this past November.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I definitely agree with you ral!

Also, I did notice some slight differences in the sales/marketing information provided by either of the two links below:

1. MVCI Link: http://pcihosting.net/ritz/vail.html
2. Ritz-Carlton Link: http://www.ritzcarltonclub.com/index.shtml

One needs to understand that these two sites are targeted to two different types of customers. The first one is for MVCI customers who are part of the DC program and own Marriott-based timeshare interests.

The second one is for customers interested purely in the Ritz DC fractional product (typically 21 days deeded interest) which is different that the MVCI product.

Naturally, I would expect some differences in the access levels and products offering between the two. The investment required is very different as well.