• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Right to cancel timeshare contract Westgate in Missouri

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is address to send the letter and items back

The address should be hidden somewhere in your sales material.

TUG member Grammarhero is our TUG rescission expert; I'm confident he will see this thread and he may be able to provide a post here with the accurate address that you should be using.

Welcome to TUG and I hope you decide to become a TUG member.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonya, Google is your friend. The address is on Old Wintergarden Road in Ocoee, FL.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
What is address to send the letter and items back
Address is
Westgate LTD
2801 Old Winter Garden Rd
Ocoee Florida 34761.

Be sure in the rescission letter includes both your and your fiancée’s name, signature, and contract number. Follow all the other advice in this and the other thread.

Mind sharing about much rescission would save you? Good luck.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Tonya Daniel

Reaction score
All the extra stuff can be sent back separately by the cheapest method possible. Mention in your rescission letter that you are returning that stuff in a separate mailing.

The crucial thing to the whole rescission process is to get proof that you mailed the letter within the rescission period. That's why you need to send it by certified mail so that you get a receipt from the post office showing that you complied with all the requirements. The date they receive it has no bearing on the rescission--just the date you mail your letter.

Do I send materials back to same address I found in the disk to send rescission letter to. Do I wait till the tracking shows letter has arrived to send materials back. Should I say something in letter about sending materials back once tracking shows letter has been revieved

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do I send materials back to same address I found in the disk to send rescission letter to. Do I wait till the tracking shows letter has arrived to send materials back. Should I say something in letter about sending materials back once tracking shows letter has been revieved
Send the materials to the same address. You can put in the rescission letter “other materials to be sent under separate cover.” If you received a gift card or coupons, you are legally entitled to keep them.

You can send the materials back media mail, which is a lot cheaper than first class.

To track how much TS owners saved, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track how much TS owners saved on TUG, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming.

iheartbristol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NONE!
I just wanted to say how thankful I am that I found this forum IN TIME! My husband and I caved and purchased a timeshare this past weekend at the Westgate in Kissimmee, FL. We knew it was too good to be true in our guts but caved concentrating more on the possible pros over the overwhelming cons. I was instantly sick to my stomach after we left the resort. I knew we made a huge mistake and once home, immediately started searching the internet for help on how to get out of this awful mess. We purchased on 1/3 and I got my return receipt requested certified letter out today, 1/8. I sent the crap owners kit and tablet in a second package (priority so I can track it) and I included another copy of the cancellation letter with all the appropriate info. Both are expected to get to Ocoee, FL on 1/11. I can't help but feel like I need to send yet another certified letter every single day right up to the deadline! I know from reading every single post on the subject in this forum that it is not necessary to do so but I'm so incredibly nervous. I have my receipts/proof but I think I need some reassurance from the experts in this forum. THANK YOU so very much for all information! You saved us!!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So glad you found TUG in time! It sounds like you did everything right so hope you can relax. It could take up to 45 days for a refund on your credit card so don’t worry if it doesn’t show up right away.

iheartbristol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NONE!
So glad you found TUG in time! It sounds like you did everything right so hope you can relax. It could take up to 45 days for a refund on your credit card so don’t worry if it doesn’t show up right away.
Thank you so much! While I'm concerned about my deposit it's more worrisome thinking something could go wrong and I'll be stuck with this horrific mistake forever. I've blocked all Westgate contacts and I will not answer any unknown calls. Thank you for your support. :)

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much! While I'm concerned about my deposit it's more worrisome thinking something could go wrong and I'll be stuck with this horrific mistake forever. I've blocked all Westgate contacts and I will not answer any unknown calls. Thank you for your support. :)
Congrats. Be sure that if both you and your SO signed the TS contract, you both signed the rescission letter. Mind sharing how much you would save with rescission?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say how thankful I am that I found this forum IN TIME! My husband and I caved and purchased a timeshare this past weekend at the Westgate in Kissimmee, FL. We knew it was too good to be true in our guts but caved concentrating more on the possible pros over the overwhelming cons. I was instantly sick to my stomach after we left the resort. I knew we made a huge mistake and once home, immediately started searching the internet for help on how to get out of this awful mess. We purchased on 1/3 and I got my return receipt requested certified letter out today, 1/8. I sent the crap owners kit and tablet in a second package (priority so I can track it) and I included another copy of the cancellation letter with all the appropriate info. Both are expected to get to Ocoee, FL on 1/11. I can't help but feel like I need to send yet another certified letter every single day right up to the deadline! I know from reading every single post on the subject in this forum that it is not necessary to do so but I'm so incredibly nervous. I have my receipts/proof but I think I need some reassurance from the experts in this forum. THANK YOU so very much for all information! You saved us!!

Good move to rescind.....

Just an FYI: You yourself can use your Certified Tracking Number and go to the USPS website to see where it is in the system (if you wish to see when it is actually arrive.) The website is www.usps.com or www.usps.gov.

By the way, it really does not matter when they receive it, but it does matter as to when it was mailed (and if it was mailed timely). This is why retaining the Postmarked receipts are so important when doing this process.

Be patient as it may take as long as 45 days to receive your refund.

iheartbristol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NONE!
Congrats. Be sure that if both you and your SO signed the TS contract, you both signed the rescission letter. Mind sharing how much you would save with rescission?
Thank you!! I'm usually pretty good at forging my husbands signature for bills and what not BUT not this time! I drove 2.5 hours to where he was with his work and had him sign three copies of the letter himself! I wasn't about to take any chances. The cost was $9100.00 with an $1100.00 down payment and an $8000.00 balance. I saved everything under lock and key. Probably as most people feel, that sigh of relief won't come until I know it's absolutely over. I'm forever grateful for this forum!