• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
About an hour drive from the Lihue Airport in Princeville Hawaii on the Island of Kauai sits the Westin Princeville (part of Vistana and Marriott Vacation Club). Today's review is of the two bedroom unit. The building are three stories tall and have lush tropical plants throughout. There are three+ pools, a fitness center, and plenty of grills on the property.

The room has two bedrooms each with a separate bathroom... Both bathrooms have a walk in shower and a Jacuzzi tub.. Kitchen has everything you need. In fact, there is a mini kitchen as part of one of the rooms. The living room was ample with a pullout sofa bed. Staff was great!!!

Review Westin Princeville Two Bedroom in Princeville Kauai Hawaii

Map of all my timeshare reviews

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
This is a beautiful resort.

For us, we'll always remember it as the place we signed the dotted line, discovered tug, and applied what @DavidnRobin calls the 3 Rs - Rescind, Research, Resale :)

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is a beautiful resort.

For us, we'll always remember it as the place we signed the dotted line, discovered tug, and applied what @DavidnRobin calls the 3 Rs - Rescind, Research, Resale :)
That is Hilarious.... And wonderful

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Accepting the fact that WPORV is on cliffs overlooking the ocean and not on beach like WKORV/N/NN

A downside of WPORV is the Queen Bed on the studio side and typical lack of counter space in studio.

Otherwise, an outstanding resort.
We have been fortunate to get some of the premier non-OF villas, and good 1Bd locations using the StarOptions from the studio side for 6 nites in 1Bd.
(Won’t stay in studio side because of Q bed - it’s vacation after all… and my lovely wife that is half my size takes up 3/4 of the bed because she sleeps like she is parachuting - )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="DavidnRobin, post: 2764905, member: 875
A downside of WPORV is the Queen Bed on the studio side and typical lack of counter space in studio.
[/QUOTE]

Rooms were refurbished during Covid. Studios have king beds now (at least the rooms at the end of the building).

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I love WPORV -- it's my favorite Westin property (because I'm fortunate to have easy access to Maui). I love the north shore (Hanalei Bay is a gem) and I don't mind the occasional rain showers. I think the high-cliff view is stunning and have many fond memories of playing games on the beautiful, ample grounds.

Jack and I visited multiple times and it's been too long since we were there.... thanks for posting this!

Best,

Greg

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Rooms were refurbished during Covid. Studios have king beds now (at least the rooms at the end of the building).[/QUOTE]

YES!!! Good News!
I hope my complaints helped

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rooms were refurbished during Covid. Studios have king beds now (at least the rooms at the end of the building).

YES!!! Good News!
I hope my complaints helped [/QUOTE]

I'm sure your complaints made a difference!
Actually there was no good reason to have queen beds in the studio. There was enough space in there for a king. Much more comfortable for our tall friends.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
YES!!! Good News!
I hope my complaints helped

Actually there was no good reason to have queen beds in the studio. There was enough space in there for a king. Much more comfortable for our tall friends.[/QUOTE]

Now if they would put in a folding table that can act as temporary counter space

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Accepting the fact that WPORV is on cliffs overlooking the ocean and not on beach like WKORV/N/NN

Otherwise, an outstanding resort.
We have been fortunate to get some of the premier non-OF villas, and good 1Bd locations using the StarOptions from the studio side for 6 nites in 1Bd.
(Won’t stay in studio side because of Q bed - it’s vacation after all… and my lovely wife that is half my size takes up 3/4 of the bed because she sleeps like she is parachuting - )

Yes.... Studios have king beds now.... Everything is parachute ready :cool: . I bought an encore package and I will book the one bedroom next to it... Cheap way to end up with a two bedroom....

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually there was no good reason to have queen beds in the studio. There was enough space in there for a king. Much more comfortable for our tall friends.

Now if they would put in a folding table that can act as temporary counter space

[/QUOTE]
I agree with the counter space problem... But at least there is a two burner stove as a consolation prize.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for sharing your review. We have visited the resort several times while staying elsewhere, but are planning to stay there next May. It is indeed a very nice resort.

One question, what are people's thoughts on staying here for four nights in a 1BR and then three nights at the Sheraton Poipu rather than seven nights at Princeville? We have explored the island several times and enjoy doing so and are thinking it may be more convenient to split the week. I understand that the units at the Sheraton aren't as nice as those at Princeville, but they are right on a nice beach (although the units are on the Mauka side of the road). I would appreciate hearing various insights.

Best regards.

Mike

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for sharing your review. We have visited the resort several times while staying elsewhere, but are planning to stay there next May. It is indeed a very nice resort.

One question, what are people's thoughts on staying here for four nights in a 1BR and then three nights at the Sheraton Poipu rather than seven nights at Princeville? We have explored the island several times and enjoy doing so and are thinking it may be more convenient to split the week. I understand that the units at the Sheraton aren't as nice as those at Princeville, but they are right on a nice beach (although the units are on the Mauka side of the road). I would appreciate hearing various insights.

Best regards.

Mike
I just finished a week at the Westin and am doing a one week at the Sheraton Kauai (I bought a Encore package to make that easier)... I would see no issue... Much better sunsets at the Sheraton.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I just finished a week at the Westin and am doing a one week at the Sheraton Kauai (I bought a Encore package to make that easier)... I would see no issue... Much better sunsets at the Sheraton.
Beautiful sunrise at Princeville and sunsets at the Sheraton so splitting the stay is always good.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Best regards.

Mike

I posted a long review of the Sheraton when it opened, during which I stayed at both properties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Other than paper thin walls - Sheraton Poipu is fine.
Having to listen to your neighbors is a drag. Construction matters and is criteria for where I would own. I’ve never found hotel conversions (like Poipu) to be great in noise reduction between units.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Other than paper thin walls - Sheraton Poipu is fine.
Having to listen to your neighbors is a drag. Construction matters and is criteria for where I would own. I’ve never found hotel conversions (like Poipu) to be great in noise reduction between units.

Worse, they don't even have a solid wall between the lockoff unit. There is an opening at the bottom of the door so sound carries quite easily. I've been to other resorts and hotels that have a rubber cushion or other solution to provide at least some noise reduction between units, but they didn't even try at Sheraton Poipu.

mindy35

TUG Member
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Just left yesterday and Yes, King Bed in the studio we were assigned to which was a nice location but not the hammerhead location so I have to assume it's been installed in all.

We only had 1 real issue that I am reminded about every time we go (which is often). The a/c is INCREDIBLY loud and there is no way to adjust the fan to HI, MED, LO. Just "AUTO" which makes a loud noise when the thermostat engages and it turns on and off or ON which means the loud fan stays on continually and only the cooling turns on and off. In addition, The vents are pointed directly to the head of the bed so it's not only loud but blowing right at you while you sleep.

I just can't believe an architect missed this unfortunate mistake.

Good news was that the ceiling fan was balanced and quiet and temps were ok to have the window open at night. Added plus is there was no need to set an early alarm as there is one particular rooster that chooses not to wait until the sun comes up for start his morning routine. I was able to get used to that but not the a/c issue.

I have to add that the staffing was great! Very friendly and helpful.

Last edited:

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have they improved the restaurant offering? Last fall, the restaurant was open only from 11:30-7:00. Same food all day - lunch type stuff. We got really tired of it. The bar was closed too. At least the deli was open.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have they improved the restaurant offering? Last fall, the restaurant was open only from 11:30-7:00. Same food all day - lunch type stuff. We got really tired of it. The bar was closed too. At least the deli was open.
Same situation... Bar still closed... Not sure about the menu... Didn't seem that busy.

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Clifbell. We are going in May and are hoping things change by then. Their previous general manager, Denise Wardlow, was a wonderful resort manager. She "retired" just before the acquisition announcement. I sure miss her. The new guy has not shown that he can do as a good job as she did. However, we still love WPORV for its beauty and location. And I'm glad they refurbished the units last year. Much improved.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I had no idea the studios have king beds. That makes a lot of difference to me. Those studios are so well equipped that I can stay there and not feel cramped with just the two of us.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Did they remove the cooking facilities from the units? ;)