• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Restaurant Recommendations Wanted - Scottsdale area

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

We will be staying at the Westin Kierland Resort in Scottsdale. Can you recommend some good restaurants in the area? We don't mind driving 20 to 30 minutes for a good restaurant. Looking for good food at reasonable prices, not interested in chain restaurants or fancy, upscale places. We like Mexican, Thai, Chinese, Italian, good burgers, etc. Also, any good happy hour places with good appetizers and drinks?

Thanks for your help.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)

ACE1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
N. Phoenix/Scottsdale Restaurants

Try "The Greenhouse" at Kierland. Our other favorites are Eddie V's at DCRanch, Roy's 2 locations in N. Phoenix (JW Marriott Desert Ridge) & Scottsdale, Lon's at the Hermosa but it might be a little pricey. Also try going to www.opentable.com for suggestions plus you can get dining points, preview menus and prices!

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bob and Ace. Please keep the suggestions coming.

island22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second the suggestion for Frank and Lupe's.
The food there is wonderful and the margaritas are even better.
We like sitting out on the courtyard.
Also I would suggest Morton's, great steaks and just as important great service, we love the bar there and they have a happy hour special on weekdays. Something called BAR 12-21
They are located in Kierland Commons.
Hours of Operation:
BAR 12•21
Daily at 5pm at the Kierland location
Offering specially priced 'Bar Bites' Monday - Friday from 5pm to 6:30pm
and 9:30pm - 11pm for only $5 per plate.
The plate of 4 mini filet mignon sandwiches are more than enough to share and not a bad deal either considering it's Morton's.
A little further afield is Pinnacle Peak, if you are into the coyboy steak house experience, this is a good one. I beleive it's not too far from Westin Kierland.
Cowboy Ciao in Old Scottsdale was good too, the Stetson chopped salad on their menu is excellent and they have a huge wine list.
If it's still open, the Pink Pony is a great old school place to go for a martini and a steak and a walk down baseball memory lane. Very cool place, not many of those kind of places left nowdays sadly.
You'll have no problem finding a good meal in Scottsdale.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
Papadeaux has the best calamari on earth. I think they have feta cheese and also something spicy. Oh my...
http://www.pappadeaux.com/

julienjay

Reaction score
Pizzeria Bianco.
Best meal I've ever had!

Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse - a really neat experience.

Greasewood Flats - LOVE IT

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone--I really appreciate all the suggestions.

Can anyone recommend good thai food around the Scottsdale/Kierland area?