• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Restaurant Recommendations wanted - Palm Springs Area

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

We will be staying at the Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage. Can you recommend some good restaurants in the palm springs, palm desert, rancho mirage area? Looking for good food at reasonable prices, not interested in chain restaurants or fancy, upscale places. We like Mexican, Thai, Chinese, Italian, good burgers, etc. Also, any good happy hour places with good appetizers and drinks?

Thanks for your help.

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of it but right in downtown Palm Springs there is a Mexican restaurant that is outstanding. It is located very close to the Sonny Bono statue.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of it but right in downtown Palm Springs there is a Mexican restaurant that is outstanding. It is located very close to the Sonny Bono statue.

I'm sure you mean Las Casuelas? We always eat there when we're in Palm Springs.

Lynn

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bob & Lynn.

We'll have to check that place out.

Please keep the recommendations coming.

Red Rox

TUG Member
Reaction score
In downtown PS we love Zin Bistro. The Kobe burger and the meatloaf are our favorites. And their french fries are the best! Augusta on El Paseo is another favorite, and Piero's Acqua at The River Shops in Rancho Mirage is a place we could eat at every day.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
restaurants in P.S.

The River in Racho Mirage is definitely a place to check out. Fleming's is an excellent steak house that has 100 wines by the glass and lots of wine tasting. PF Chang's is also located there as well as Babe's, a great BBQ restaurant. Cheesecake factory is also there. There is also a small Argentenian restaurant there near Ben & Jerry's.

I know you said not fancy, but I can't help but mention the restaurants at the Marriott JW resort in Palm Desert. Sea Grille and Tuscany's are our favorites. Plus the grounds are so pretty, we just enjoy the whole experience. The lobby for drinks is also pretty unforgetable.

Tommy Bahama on El Paseo has the best martinis ever and great food/atmosphere.

Janna

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Armando's in the Paseo, great Margaritas and Mexican food.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Food

Sullivan's on El Paseo is really good if you like steaks, Quite a few places up and down Palm Canyon. Ask some locals, that's what I usually do to find new places.

Fish House or something like that on Indian Canyon great for lunch.

Also there is Shermans deli on Tahiquitz share a sandwich as they are huge,
and breakfast is very good as well.

billwright1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like Lord Fletcher's in Rancho Mirage. I have been going there for years and the food is excellent, although the place is not as crowded as it was in the 70's. LG's Steak House is great, but pricey. I like the one in Palm Springs, but there are various locations in the valley. For breakfast, it is neat to sit outside at Ruby's Diner and watch Palm Springs go by. Fisherman's market and Grill has great fish, but is not very fancy. There are several locations, but I've only been to the Palm Springs location. Dave's on Palm Canyon Drive outside Palm Springs has very good food. Have Fun!!

mjkaplan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lawrence Welk Resort, San Diego, CA
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II , Palm Desert, CA
Another vote for Babe's BBQ. Also Papa Dan's pizza near the resort is a great little homestyle pizza place. Very casual. It gets quite crowded, so best to have an early dinner there.

The Yardhouse in Rancho Mirage (near Babe's) is also good. Again casual. They specialize in a very large variety of beers on tap. (100 or so if I recall).

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone--I appreciate all the recommendations.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you take a tour at Marriott Shadow Ridge - they will give you coupons for their restaurants at the JW Marriott -- 100 I believe. Funtime

Bill4728

Reaction score
Kind of generic recommendation

Main of the golf courses have great restaurants which almost all serve really good lunches. Most have great views from their restaurants.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if you are not into "fancy", I highly recommend you at least do cocktails in the lobby at the JW Marriott in Palm Desert and walk around the property. I won't go into lots of details, I'll let you discover that. Let's just say you won't be disappointed. My husband and I always look forward to cocktails and dinner here when we are in the area.

Janna