• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

restaurant recommendations for the Galleria at Split Rock please

deh333

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to be spending Thanksgiving week at the Galleria at Split Rock and are looking for restaurant recommendations for moderately priced restaurants for both our holiday dinner, as well as other meals. There will be a couple of kids in our group. Many thanks in advance.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Diner level food or Pizza joints is about all there is around Lake Harmony and most of the Poconos.

Mt Pocono has some places (heading south on RT 611) plus there might be some new places since gambling is here now. Further down Rt 611 in and before (before don't remember the names or if still open) Tannersville, is the Inn at Tannersville (no lodging, just food) and across the street, Smuggler's Cove.

Are you going there to ski? Big Boulder? Jack Frost? Camelback?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was being kind ... and hoping they had no plans to ski. As Thanksgiving is the last week of November this year, maybe there will be some man-made snow in southern Vermont.

Poconos skiing is questionable even at Christmas.:D

deh333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope. No skiing - saving that for Jan 2009 in Vermont. Just a family get together. I'm looking forward to checking out the new indoor water park H2Ooooooo.

Thanks for the dining info.

-Liz

deh333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a favorite diner-type place or pizza joint in the area?

chrisobb

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Resort on Cocoa Beach, Wyndham
Not a gourmet meal but a pretty good burger. Red Robin just opened up in April as well as a few others including Starbucks and I beleive Chiles. I realize these are chains but like others posted, there are not many restaurants that I would say you have to choose from.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's an article from the local paper with some suggestions.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080215/NEWS13/802150368/-1/rss28

and here's a thread from TripAdvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi..._in_the_poconos-Stroudsburg_Pennsylvania.html

I haven't been to the eastern Poconos for a year or two, but we really like Jaga in Stroudsberg for Polish food. We went there for Thanksgiving one year...when NOTHING was open...and they were so warm and kind to us. And then we went back about eight months later and they remembered us. Went there several times over several years and they always remembered us. If we went back next week, I'm sure they would still remember us! I think KenK had gone there, too, and liked it. Home-style Polish cooking, very hearty. Enjoy!

stevedmatt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have breakfast at Ms. Piggy's. Affordable, abundant and very good. Any dinners I've had that were relatively close were hit or miss.

Good luck with the Galleria. I've stayed in other locations of Split Rock, but heard the Galleria leaves a lot to be desired.

deh333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips everyone.

We are looking forward to this trip, a mini-family reunion; with several children of various ages. I believe that we will all have a great time, and we are really looking forward to having a wide range of activities right in the building that we are staying in. I also hear that the water park has opened!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I always liked Close Quarters, a restaurant on the road between Lake Harmony and Boulder Lake. The Blue Heron is nice too, but may not be open then. November is between seasons there, and not much going on.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The Powerhouse Eatery is one of the most popular restaurants in the area, but it's about 20 miles west of Lake Harmony off route 80:

http://www.connorsgrillroom.com/powerhouse.html

For closer, more casual places, just drive along 940 from the turnpike to 115, then take 115 south to 903, then take 903 back into Lake Harmony. There are several decent places to eat along these main roads, and within a few miles of the Galleria. The restaurants at the Galleria and Split Rock Lodge are both very nice too. Nothing really fancy out there in the sticks!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Also if you like live entertainment, this is a very popular place about 10 miles from the Galleria, just take 903 towrds Jim Thorpe.

http://www.pennspeak.com/