• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Restaurant.com newbie has questions

Corinne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I apply more than one coupon to the bill, providing there aren't any other restrictions listed on the coupon.com website? For example, the coupon states the minimum order must be $35. If my bill is $75 or more, can I apply two coupons? Are all food items (appetizers, desserts, etc) counted toward the "minimum order"? How about beverages? At a different restaurant, the coupon restrictions say "dinner only, 4 or more entrees". We will have 8 people, but I suspect the "or more" means I can't use two coupons for 8 entrees.

Thanks. I've never used one of these before and want to make sure I get it right.

-Corinne

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not positive how it works but I think they actually keep track through the serial numbers on the coupon. The restaurant has to call in to make sure the coupon is valid. They probably know "who" bought the coupons by the serial numbers. Thus not allowing for others to use within the same month.
They're still a great deal though.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Restuarant.com Coupons

Corrinne,

You can only use one coupon per restaurant per month.

The coupon is validated by the bar code number by the restaurant before the subtraction from your bill is made.

Richard

Corinne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the fast replies. Tuggers are great.

One more question - how long do I have to use a coupon?

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
They expire 1 year from purchase. It states that on the actual coupon. "Expires one year from date of issue, except in CA or where otherwise prohibited by law", that was on the last one I bought. :p

webdizzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled upon this post about Restaurant.com and thought I'd share a great tip. Go to http://www.edealinfo.com/Coupons/restaurant.shtml to get coupon codes for even more savings at Restaurant.com (they usually have at least two active ones). I've purchased the restaurant certificates for up to 60% off their already low prices -- i.e. $25 certificate that costs $10 will only cost you $5 using a coupon code from the above website. Sounds too good to be true, but it really is true! I've purchased about 8 of the certificates and have used half of them so far. ;)

Sthack

TUG Member
Reaction score
One coupon per month????

What happens if you buy several certificates for the same restuarant for gifts to others and they all go in the same month? Will they be denied? I purchased several for Christmas gifts last year.

Corinne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again.

Great info from all. I did poke around and found the 60% off code, so I got a $25 coupon for $4 for a great place in Boston. Looking forward to a great meal at a great deal.

-Corinne

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
One Coupon per Month per Customer

Sthack,

One of the items of the Restaurant.com Dining Certificate Terms -

Quote - " Limit one (1) redemption per customer per month per restaurant "

Unquote