• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resorts formerly known as Whiski Jack

TPIRep

Reaction score
The Whistler British Columbia resorts formerly known as Whiski Jack have undergone name changes; dropping Whiski Jack from their names. These RCI affiliated resorts can be found in the RCI directory under their association name only...for example, the resort formerly known as Whiski Jack Woodrun is now listed as Woodrun in the directory.
You may also view resort info at www.whistlerplaces.com.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm perplexed about how buying a "Whiski Jack" timeshare works now? Can I buy a simple deeded week, or do I have to be part of the Raintree Vacation Club? Are there any recent updates on how the new management has impacted WJ owners use/enjoyment at the resorts (or announced radically higher MF's, SA's, etc)? I know the resorts were getting a little "tired", but I'm hoping they have started to turn around. Any info would be appreciated.

My family has hiked the Garibaldis since the early 1900's. We're scattered all over now, but it's nice to revisit our roots once a year, to enjoy where our great grandparents hiked with the Vancouver Natural History Society.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm perplexed about how buying a "Whiski Jack" timeshare works now? Can I buy a simple deeded week, or do I have to be part of the Raintree Vacation Club? Are there any recent updates on how the new management has impacted WJ owners use/enjoyment at the resorts (or announced radically higher MF's, SA's, etc)? I know the resorts were getting a little "tired", but I'm hoping they have started to turn around. Any info would be appreciated.

My family has hiked the Garibaldis since the early 1900's. We're scattered all over now, but it's nice to revisit our roots once a year, to enjoy where our great grandparents hiked with the Vancouver Natural History Society.

You certainly can buy simple deeded weeks from those properties. There are many deeded week owners who bought before Whiski Jack (the developer and manager) was bought by Raintree and never joined Raintree Vacation Club. Those owners still own their deeds.

Beyond that I believe there were owners who added their weeks to Raintree Vacation Club, but retained the actual ownership of their week. I don't know what might have happened with those weeks, but I suspect those owners are still members of Raintree Vacation Club. Then there units that Raintree sold that were sold as Raintree Vacation Club memberships (which would include much of the Westin inventory). I'm pretty sure that all of those ownerships are still part of Raintree.

[added note]: When buying a deed at one of those resorts, be aware that peak season weeks in winter and summer were almost all sold as fixed weeks. Shoulder season weeks (Spring and Fall) are mostly floating weeks.

Last edited:

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whiski Jack Creekside

Anyone familiar with this resort? I'm wondering about the condition of the units and location for convenience and noise. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks