• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Transfer Inc wont stop calling! Help!!

MissCaliGal

Reaction score
My grandmother is looking into selling her Florida Timeshare and is overwhelmed with the process. She is forgetful and gives out too much information so I am starting to help. Resort Transfer wanted 800$ up front with a flimsy 2 page piece of fluff "sales agreement". My grandmother was on her way to bank and I stopped her. Explained the concerns so she decided to not go through them. She spoke with them and said no. Now a different "rep" is calling. Doesnt NO MEAN NO? At what point may I call it harassament? I cannot always be around to monitor calls. I am afraid they will convince her to go ahead. I feel they are taking advantage of an elderly person.

Please offer ANY advice. :confused:

Thank you and Happy Travels to you all.
Cheers

strandlover

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not Call!

My grandmother is looking into selling her Florida Timeshare and is overwhelmed with the process. She is forgetful and gives out too much information so I am starting to help. Resort Transfer wanted 800$ up front with a flimsy 2 page piece of fluff "sales agreement". My grandmother was on her way to bank and I stopped her. Explained the concerns so she decided to not go through them. She spoke with them and said no. Now a different "rep" is calling. Doesnt NO MEAN NO? At what point may I call it harassament? I cannot always be around to monitor calls. I am afraid they will convince her to go ahead. I feel they are taking advantage of an elderly person.

Please offer ANY advice. :confused:

Thank you and Happy Travels to you all.
Cheers

Hi. You could register Gramma on the Do Not Call list. Sorry not sure the exact link in the USA. Next time these guys call, report them.

Be safe...

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
maybe...

You might call her phone company from her phone, and explain to customer service what is going on and what your relationship is -- the repetitive phone calls, her age and situation, being preyed upon etc. and how you are trying to protect her.

Some of the major carriers are helpful in blocking numbers or a range of number in these instances. We had to do that for a late relative and they took care of it without charge, given the circumstances.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sadly they are already trying to rip her off, so the fact they are breaking rules in terms of a do not call list or asking to not be called again isnt really a concern of theirs.

im sure since shes already agreed and then backed out, shes on some sort of "harass as much as possible till she gives in" list now...it really sucks how miserable some of these outfits are.

I deal with telemarketers these days by simply asking them politely to hang on, and setting the phone down.

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
gulp

A friend of mine took a little different approach with a PCC that was call him all times of day and night. Although I don't necessarily condone it.

He has caller i.d. and the last time he answered the phone as "Sangamon County Special Investigations". The last he heard from them, they hung up immediately.... :doh:

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last call I ever got I told them I was super excited to hear from them because now it meant they had to give ME money and how did I get ahold of the department who had to pay me for the number of times I told them not to call again. I acted all excited and thrilled, but once the message got through to them they hung up and haven't called again!

MissCaliGal

Reaction score
A friend of mine took a little different approach with a PCC that was call him all times of day and night. Although I don't necessarily condone it.

He has caller i.d. and the last time he answered the phone as "Sangamon County Special Investigations". The last he heard from them, they hung up immediately.... :doh:

LOL:hysterical:

MissCaliGal

Reaction score
Last call I ever got I told them I was super excited to hear from them because now it meant they had to give ME money and how did I get ahold of the department who had to pay me for the number of times I told them not to call again. I acted all excited and thrilled, but once the message got through to them they hung up and haven't called again!

:D Oh how I wish! :D

strandlover

TUG Member
Reaction score
sadly they are already trying to rip her off, so the fact they are breaking rules in terms of a do not call list or asking to not be called again isnt really a concern of theirs.

I have used the following tactic with much success:

"This number is listed on the Do Not Call Registry. I see your phone number on my call display. I will be reporting you."

End of calls.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good idea and simple enough, BUT...

....register Gramma on the Do Not Call list. Sorry not sure the exact link in the USA. Next time these guys call, report them...

The site to register is http://www.donotcall.gov. The registration process takes less than 30 seconds. However...

In order to file a complaint on the FTC site (...the exact same site as identified above), you need to report not just the company name but their actual phone number. It appears that there is technology available these days which allows a caller to "spoof" their actual originating phone number, thereby showing either a completely bogus number on caller i.d. --- or no number at all. Unfortunately, you can't effectively file a complaint without a valid phone number for the violating caller. Once again, the scammers seem to be staying one step ahead of those they would scam... :mad:

JM48

TUG Member
Reaction score
The do not call registry will take some time to take effect, it isn't instantaneous. Also she called them so they can call her back because this is considered "doing business with them" .

I would call the Attorney Generals office & ask for the consumer affairs dept.they might be able to help. You can go to your local police & file a harassment complaint against them especially because she is a senior.

Something I did when I had a business to stop unwanted calls. I would answer the phone & when they asked for Mr. XXX I would say you just missed him when they asked when he would be back I would say it doesn't look like he will be back seeing as the coroner took him out feet first!!
Most didn't call back. :D

Good luck because like the companies that will fix your credit card problems they don't take NO for answer.

JM

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Advise your Grandmother NOT to answer the phone. She comes from an era when people were polite on the phone. Use the answering machine to screen all calls. When it's a friend or a relative, pick up. When it's a sales call, there is no need to answer. Ever.

1. We have many experienced timeshare owners here. You may wish to ask in a separate thread whether your Grandmother's resort has any current resale value.

2. Assuming the value is nil, which is true to many, many timeshares right now, call the Resort and ask if they will take it back. It is unlikely, but you have to start there.

3. Place a post under bargain timeshares and offer it for $25 or less. Your grandmother may need to pay the maintenance fees to sweeten the deal. At least, this way, if she gets a buyer, she will know the timeshare is off her hands.

Thank you for helping your Grandmother.