• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort(s) Bailout or Resorts LLC

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
James - You didn't start anything - Ride is like this all the time. ;)

Thank you for posting - just ignore Ride.

Last edited:

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I never meant to start such a big war, I just feel bad for the people whom own their timeshares and enjoy them, when the ship goes down with all these timeshares in it, who do you think foot's the cost for all the court cases and foreclosures and lawsuits? The people who are still in the timeshare, and if anyone would just take a few days to research these companies you will see what they are all about, so the fact is a lot of the people know they are doing this to all the other timeshare owners.

IMO, i'd rather pay $5 more a year in MF's then have a family lose their home, jobs, cars, become homeless and have to live on the streets where their kids will have to turn to crime and drugs to survive

How about this...If you don't like the Viking ship model of getting out of Timeshare....You buy the unwanted by ANYONE deeds...Unless your willing to do that, you shouldn't judge others for doing what they have to do to survive

Last edited:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ride, don't come complaining about your MF's increasing because of bad debt (unpaid MF's). The PCC's that can't sell the "leftovers" simply fold the company and walk away from the duds after they have sold or rented out the decent ones. They already have their money and could care less about the effects of their business practices.

BTW, the Starwood forum topic (you know which one) kept me entertained for a few days! If there was only a smiley that had it's foot in it's mouth!!!:hysterical:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ride, I was with you for awhile, but I think you jumped the shark in your fervor.

Gnorth, legitimate PCCs that do take deeds out of owners names and do legitimately market the properties they have acquired are providing a valuable service that countless numbers of TUGgers have beneffited from on ebay. As for the "leftovers", wouldn't they likely have gone belly up anyway? If someone wants to dispose of a property and cannot no matter what, (s)he will walk away from it. Same result.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... The truth is they are leaches that make the timmesahre weasels look like saints ...

In my opinion, they make the sales wessals look like very fine, upright, ethical, never tell or make a misrepresention in selling their product. They would make George Washington look bad on the this point (of course for those who think I mean the crack on the salesman, I was just kidding, other than they do make the sales wessals look great).

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Not going for a 'ride'

Got to admit, that will be interesting, what determining factors are you including in the bi-laws that keep you from being sued for bias? I.e. what are the factors that allow a transfer to be denied, will those be written in the bi-laws or will it be open for each POA to determine themselves? God forbid the resort ends up with a few bad people in the POA 30-50yrs from now...Whats to stop them from banning any sales to people with the last name Chen or McDowell?

I ADDED EVERYTHING IN RED!!!!

This was fun to read for a while but it is now annoying.

You ask how they will know the intent of the 'Viking ships' was for the purpose of abandoning these TS? Wouldn't the fact that they go through LLC's as often as you change your underwear be a BIG RED FLAG for any half inteligent lawyer to see?

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was fun to read for a while but it is now annoying.

You ask how they will know the intent of the 'Viking ships' was for the purpose of abandoning these TS? Wouldn't the fact that they go through LLC's as often as you change your underwear be a BIG RED FLAG for any half inteligent lawyer to see?

It doesn't matter the intent of the buyer....i could buy a resort off you and intend to never pay...that doesn't make you libel, UNLESS i've told you that was my intent or intend to poop in every bed i use in the resort, once it's in my name you are no longer responsible...as i said, the lawyer would have to prove the original owner knew the intent of the PCC.....which would be impossible to prove...that is why the ownership NEVER goes back to the original owner, once the ownership is out of the name of the original owner....like the PCC's do, the original owner will NEVER be libel for the payments again

The guys that say otherwise are just trying to scare you away from using a PCC, trying to wreak your credit and ruin your life...They have NO validity behind their claim

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From my personal experience...

I'm sure many of you remember Holiday Timeshares. I had two types of business transactions with them that were satisfactory. First, I purchased two timeshares - no issues, no problems.

Second -- I do the office mgt of a small timeshare entity. Sometimes when my owners would visit the Mayan Palace in Acapulco, M.P. would 'accept' ownership of my owners' units as partial down payment. Those units would ultimately be deeded over to Holiday Timeshares. For the first few years I received maintenance payments on those units from Holiday Timeshares. My point here is that this was a legitimate company doing a business and serving their customers.

However, when the bottom started falling out, it seems that Holiday Timeshares fell through the cracks. Now -- all of the weeks that had been transferred from my owners to Holiday via Mayan Palace -- are in the delinquent category with no hope of resolution and no possibility of Maintenance Fees being paid. I think there must be other timeshare entities who found themselves in this position. My point here is that Holiday WAS a legitimate concern and still caused our owners a problem. I can only believe that a company that starts out with little or no concern for owners or timeshare entities are dangerous to do business with.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ride, I was with you for awhile, but I think you jumped the shark in your fervor.

Gnorth, legitimate PCCs that do take deeds out of owners names and do legitimately market the properties they have acquired are providing a valuable service that countless numbers of TUGgers have beneffited from on ebay. As for the "leftovers", wouldn't they likely have gone belly up anyway? If someone wants to dispose of a property and cannot no matter what, (s)he will walk away from it. Same result.

I don't have a problem with PCC's selling TS's and I bought from one myself. If someone wants to give away money and a quality TS instead of researching how to sell or give it away, that is their issue, not mine.

As for getting paid, lets say $5000 for a Morritt's Tortuga studio (no offence, it's just that there were at least 15 on a PCC list that I recently saw) and then 6 months later folding a holding company with 50 or 60 of these properties, I do have a problem with it. Joe Schmoe just made 250-300k and gets away clean....That in itself is wrong.

Maybe there needs to be a prorated off season MF's to help these mud weeks from getting recycled in the PCC's? As for a poorly run resort with high MF's, maybe shutting down is the best option once the default rate hits XX% (I would guess 25%?)

JamesDixon

Reaction score
Ride - honestly - you want to come out on the side of a company like this?

stirthepot.gif

DeniseM -

An interesting fact I just discovered, Ridewithme38, the reason he is trolling and saying what he is saying is because he is one of the co-owners of Resorts LLC the company we are talking about. His name is Craig and he also goes by Jeff Griffen on the phone.

That explains a lot about what he is saying and why, he isn't just any troll, he is also here trying to peddle his scams. :clap:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Holy... That would be one incredible bit of detective work. When and how did you discover this?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this is true, it would be quite an impressive con job that was pulled. I will say, though, that Ride has been a very prolific poster on a pot pourri of topics (that is, up until Jan. 31st) and i havent seen him "peddling" scams. He was just defending the Viking Ship model...and his company as well? Hmmm...

Last edited:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this is true, it would be quite an impressive con job that was pulled. I will say, though, that Ride has been a very prolific poster on a pot pourri of topics (that is, up until Jan. 31st) and i havent seen him "peddling" scams. He was just defending the Viking Ship model...and his company as well? Hmmm...

Yellow flags have been waving for some time. Active participation in a variety of topics was just part of the Ride.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yellow flags have been waving for some time. Active participation in a variety of topics was just part of the Ride.

Aside for ride's defense of the viking ship model in this thread, i hadnt seen any yellow flags.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
If ridewithme38 indeed owns this company, it is entirely conceivable that he was still a timeshare vacationer no different than anyone of us, with a "day job" that many TUGgers abhor. If being discovered causes him to flee (to that other forum) out of shame, then that is understandable. If he gets banned by a moderator, did he violate any posting rules?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
If ridewithme38 indeed owns this company, it is entirely conceivable that he was still a timeshare vacationer no different than anyone of us, with a "day job" that many TUGgers abhor. If being discovered causes him to flee (to that other forum) out of shame, then that is understandable. If he gets banned by a moderator, did he violate any posting rules?

Was Ride banned?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was Ride banned?

I just put out there as a hypothetical possibility. TUGBrian or DeniseM, has he banished himself or was he officially banned by TUG? I wouldnt think TUG would ban him just because he stepped up in defense of the business model of a company that he owned or worked for, even if he did not state his affiliation (understandable, given the forum) while defending it, unless there was a clear posting rule that was banned. I am lazy, i dont read posting rules; i just wait for a moderator to tell us.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
he was not banned

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am lazy, i dont read posting rules; i just wait for a moderator to tell us.

Had to chime in with a "LOL".

PS: I'm lazier than you - I let you say it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
DeniseM -

An interesting fact I just discovered, Ridewithme38, the reason he is trolling and saying what he is saying is because he is one of the co-owners of Resorts LLC the company we are talking about. His name is Craig and he also goes by Jeff Griffen on the phone.

That explains a lot about what he is saying and why, he isn't just any troll, he is also here trying to peddle his scams. :clap:

What is your proof that Ride is a part of this company? How would you even know that Craig and Jeff Griffen are the same person. This post makes no sense.

Ride is one of those people who believes all timeshares are run by scoundrels who take advantage of owners. This belief goes for the BOD at resorts, too. I doubt he owns one of these companies because he got his timeshares FREE here on TUG and on eBay. If he owned such a company, wouldn't he just take weeks from the list of weeks he is taking in for a fee?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is your proof that Ride is a part of this company? How would you even know that Craig and Jeff Griffen are the same person. This post makes no sense.

Ride is one of those people who believes all timeshares are run by scoundrels who take advantage of owners. This belief goes for the BOD at resorts, too. I doubt he owns one of these companies because he got his timeshares FREE here on TUG and on eBay. If he owned such a company, wouldn't he just take weeks from the list of weeks he is taking in for a fee?

Why did the post make no sense? It is entirely plausible that A small outfit has someone acting like a different person. It is also plausible that because ride believes TS are run by scoundrels, he has no problem with the viking ship model.

But to your point, I would like to see the proof. What is interesting, though, is that for as prolific a poster he has been, he has been AWOL for a week.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that where Ride REALLY got his timeshares? Or is that just part of the persona he is trying to project?

e.bram

Reaction score
Ride. Read this if you are still around

Ride; Wherever you are, I am with you 100%. Could not have put it better.

However, to get rid of a TS, why bother with a PCC or LLC. Go to a homeless shelter, send a needy family on a nice vacation if they "buy" your TS. Cost same or less than a PCC and you are doing a good deed. If the needy family's fortunes improve maybr they will stay with the TS and pay the MFs. If not, well you are out of the TS.

ps. Most of the posters are moral pontificators who own prime weeks in seasonal resorts who want dog week owners to subsidise them.

Last edited: