• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Reviews on RCI Resort Directory Page

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Madge,

Can you tell us where the review information comes from that is linked to the individual resorts in the resort directory? The reason I ask is that some on the travel site IgoUgo.com say the reviews came from the former travel journal reviews written back during the time of RCI Community, which was subsequently discontinued with all RCI Community members encouraged to move over to IgoUgo.com's site back in the spring of 2006.

If that is the case and since there is no longer a connection between RCI and IgoUgo, it would seem that RCI has lost access to valuable information from travelers who either own or have exchanged into RCI affiliated resorts.

Perhaps even more concerning would be the fact that the reviews posted and still available on the individual resort directory pages can and will become very dated and perhaps even misleading if there is no way to update or continue to provide reviews.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bumping for Response

Madge,

Bumping up for response.

Thanks!

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yvonne,

No need to bump threads -- I try to respond to them all, from the oldest first based on the most recent post. So if you bump, you actually send your thread to the back of the line! Sorry for the delay.

I posted on this topic here. The reviews/journals are indeed left over from the RCI Community days. However, we recognize their value to our members in selecting vacations. We always planned to bring them back, whether to rci.com or myRCI, in the future. I just don't have an ETA for that yet.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Madge and sorry for what appeared to be my impatience. I will let the folks know over on IgoUgo.com where the comment/question originated.