• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort (or hotel) with good transportation into Manhattan?

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I will be on a business trip in Manhattan (mainly Central Park south and some meetings in the Financial Dsictrict) the last week of October.

There would also be some meetings (1 or 2 days) in New Jersey and around Stamford, CT and Greenwitch, CT.

After giving up hoping for a Manhattan Club exchanges I am thinking about alternatives.

Good 3 Star hotels are not below $ 400 per night, which would be really high given out budget (especially for only getting a crappy 3 Star).

So I was thinking of staying somewher outside of manhattan in a much nicer resort/hotel and taking public transportation to get into Manhattan for the meetings each day.

Would be great if it was a timeshare (RCI or II) but I am also ready to pay (if below $ 400/night)

Would you have any suggestions where to stay in a nice resort/hotel, perhaps eaven close to the ocean and with some relaxation amenties?

Manhattan should be easily reachable by public transportation (perhaps with a rental car to a train station with cheap parking close to Manhattan) in between 30 to 60 minutes.

Anny suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the problem I see is finding something convenient to Manhattan AND Stamford/Greenwich AND New Jersey--that's a lot of geography. If you stay in Westchester or CT (no "ocean" just Long Island Sound) NJ will be a hassle and vice versa.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
it would be max one day to go either CT --> NJ or vice versa.

But would not be much better to go out of Manhatten to NJ and another day CT either, so that would be OK.

Main focus would be on Manhattan as we would be going there 3 to 4 days.

By the way: we fly into JFK.

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try priceline. I usually have the best success with Midtown East (usually the Grand Hyatt Grand Central for $160 or the Roosevelt Hotel for $120).

I would also check Jersey City, as they have plenty of hotels near the train into Manhattan.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention that priceline is no option, as company requires invoice with company adress on it to reimburse my costs.

brother coony

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why dont you check out tug or redweek for Manhattan club rentals, most nite in a 1 bd.rm.2 bath unit can be had for $ 300 per.nite and a lot are rented tru agents that you can get invoice from Like Seth Nock, ect.
or with redweek they can handle it once both party agrees