• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reserving a Prime Week to Deposit

toxicesq

TUG Member
Reaction score
By 6:12 this morning, NCV was completely booked for the 2009 week. Second week in a row of being closed out. But while the II agent was looking, I overheard another agent say to another caller, "Why book a prime week that another owner would like to use, if you're going to deposit it?" Is that II practice or just a thoughtful agent? Didn't hear the response since my agent came back to tell me no go.

So here's my question: Is there any reason to do this? Is there any benefit to depositing one red week over another? Would a red September or October NCV deposit really not pull as well as a red August week?

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
All red weeks are not equal. A summer week will absolutely have more trading power than a fall week.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
By 6:12 this morning, NCV was completely booked for the 2009 week. Second week in a row of being closed out. But while the II agent was looking, I overheard another agent say to another caller, "Why book a prime week that another owner would like to use, if you're going to deposit it?" Is that II practice or just a thoughtful agent? Didn't hear the response since my agent came back to tell me no go.

So here's my question: Is there any reason to do this? Is there any benefit to depositing one red week over another? Would a red September or October NCV deposit really not pull as well as a red August week?

There is a travel demand index on the NCV resort information page on II's website (look to the right). Looking at summer weeks, according to that chart, there is very slight difference, but a difference none the less. There is a much larger difference for non-summer weeks

I was told by the GM at the Christie Lodge that all weeks 5-13, which are rated at 150, have 100% equal trading value with II. Consequently, they recommend not trying to book weeks 7, 10 and 11 for trading purposes. She said that she has confirmed this with II, as she talks with insiders at II and RCI often about trading power and ways to maximise it.

NCV weeks and rating:
26, 27 & 31 are rated at 150 (max)
30 & 32 are rated at 145
28 is rated at 140
29 is rated at 135
33 & 25 are rated at 130
24 is rated at 125

Terry