• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reserving 2 units same week.

dbmarch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Hyatt Windward Pointe
We are planning a trip next year at SVN. I own 2BR LO Cascades. How would i go about reserving 2 units same week next year?

Do I have to reserve one through interval? Also if i do that, can I request another 2BR LO unit?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is your Cascades week fixed? What week is it, or what week to you want to reserve?

To make an exchange through II, you must have a week to deposit - do you have another week to use for an exchange? Like your 2012 week?

Have you looked in the II online inventory to see what's available?

For all the how-to info. for a II exchange, see the II FAQ at the top of the forum.

dbmarch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Hyatt Windward Pointe
Its a week 31 fixed/float. I have read through all of the FAQ and searched posts and haven't seen the answers anywhere yet.

I am finishing up my closing now on Vistana and wanted to figure out how to do this. I have another timeshare that I can look up inventory in Interval but I haven't traded that much.

2012 is not used so I figured I could trade this week for a week next year. Do I get another 2BR LO unit in return or do i just get a 2BR? (I assume Vistana will not let you float your week into next year )

I want to go in 2013 so i could reserve my 2013 week at the resort. I don't know if there is any way to tell which phase I would get from my trade in interval. (Like are the 2 units going to be in the same section).

Thanks

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
You would need to deposit your 2012 week into II and put in a request to get the specific week you want at Vistana. Then exactly 12 months out make your reservation for that week. I can't tell if you have resale or developer. If you bought from the developer you should be able to bank your Options for 2012 to reserve in 2013. Regardless, with luck it will work.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you wanting to lockoff and try to snag two 2br units? If so, you can't do that via ongoing request. You would have to keep manually searching and hope two instant exchanges pop up for your dates.

dbmarch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Hyatt Windward Pointe
Are you wanting to lockoff and try to snag two 2br units? If so, you can't do that via ongoing request. You would have to keep manually searching and hope two instant exchanges pop up for your dates.

I was looking to reserve my 2BR LO for 2013 and then trade my 2012 week for another 2BR LO. I dont even see how you can tell the difference between a 2BR and 2BR LO on II when i search inventory.

Wasn't sure if there was any way to do this by calling the resort.