• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

    Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

    Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

    Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

    Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free!

    60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservations & Banking current year questions


Mar 9, 2019
Reaction score
Hello all (hoping everyone is staying safe),

I realize this is minor based on what people are experiencing but just want to make sure I understand. I am a new owner so trying to avoid surprises.

I have Resv's for 7/4- 7/11 for WKOVN. Still hoping to go.
I have a studio reservation and also a 1 BR reservation, I had planned on renting out 1 or the other. That obviously may be a challenge. Since my intent is to use only 1 of the resv's I plan on cancelling-but there is the possibility due to COVID-19 still being an issue I may need to cancel completely

If I cancel 61 + days or more I can bank without restrictions, right? If I bank there is the $109 fee. So if I cancel the one I will be charged $109 to bank, If I cancel the 2nd resv. and bank separately I will be charged an additional $109.

I could cancel the one now, and wait to see what happens. I could cancel both outside of 60 and if travel is OK, gamble that I could rebook or just bank and pay only the one fee.

Just wondering what others are thinking and doing

Be safe


TUG Member
Jan 11, 2018
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista - 2 winter, 1 summer, 1 shoulder
If I were you I would wait to bank closer to the actual deadline to bank, and then only pay one banking fee. Canceling and banking does not need to happen at the same time.