• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservations at WKORV North

Pipercub925

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering if anyone's had problems getting an oceanfront reservation at WKORV North for Feb 2021? I've been booking that week each year for a while now, and never had an issue because I am online right when the reservations open at 12 months. Last night when I tried to book it, nothing oceanfront was available, not a studio, 1 bedroom, or two bedroom. I know that this is a very busy time due to Valentines Day and Presidents Week, but I find it very odd that everything oceanfront is unavailable. I also continued to check online for previous dates, and I had to go back into January before there were any oceanfronts available. I called Vistana's elite service phone number first thing this morning and was told (after being on hold for 10 minutes) that they had other calls this morning about nothing being available. Does anyone know if there is work being done at that time of the year in all the oceanfront units or is it really possible that being online right when the date opened, that everything was already booked? I plan on calling the resort later this morning, just to see if they know of anything going on at the time. Any information or thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I feel something has changed. This has been my experience since mid January. I had problems reserving a preferred week at SDO. I did miss the midnight window for Sunday check in but even the next week, I couldn’t pull anything at midnight. It indicated SO reservations only. So I started checking daily for the past week and half and I finally found one yesterday in the afternoon.

For another week, I was able to reserve at 11pm instead of midnight.

Pipercub925

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got back home and looked for the OF Studio, not that I want a studio, but it is no longer available, 11:10 am PST. I called the resort to ask if they had any major renovations going that would block out the OF units, but they really couldn't answer my question. I have at times in the past, been able to make reservations before the time actually hit, (why it opens up early, I don't know) but I checked last night at a minute or two before it should open, and it wasn't open to reservations yet. I spoke to a very nice man at Vistana this morning and mentioned that I thought since the merge happened with Marriott, a lot seems to have changed, and in my opinion, not for the best. He said nothing has changed that should affect making a reservation, which I don't know that that is true or not. He said its just all busier due to the better economy and more people are traveling again. I do believe since the Marriott merger, customer service hours have been shortened, and not available on Sunday, (I could be wrong on this, didn't check to confirm), and just about any time I call the elite services phone number, I have a wait of usually 5 to fifteen minutes, which I never use to have a wait. Guess I'll just have to change my plans. Thanks for everyone's input and Happy Valentines Day!

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This should be combined with the other thread on this topic. https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/w...ger-available-for-home-resort-booking.301392/

Some had luck, others didn't. I own oceanview at WKORV and oceanfront at WKORVN. I tried first to reserve my WKORVN oceanfront weeks. I was on right at midnight, and got one booking halfway through to the page where you have to put in number of guests and special requests. Then I got bumped out with a message that said the unit was no longer available. The circle was still spinning, but the message clearly said the unit was no longer available. When I signed out and restarted another booking, I got a message that I couldn't book a unit because I had a unit on hold. There was nothing I could do, but sign out and try again. By that time, no oceanfronts of any type at WKORVN were available. The only thing available was a studio at WKORV.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Hello! I was wondering if anyone's had problems getting an oceanfront reservation at WKORV North for Feb 2021? . . .

Does anyone know if there is work being done at that time of the year in all the oceanfront units . . .

I doubt there is work being performed on all the OF units next February since Building 5 was just refurbished which would leave Building 8 as the only OF building not refurbished.

Pipercub925

TUG Member
Reaction score
Controller1 , I doubted work was being done as well, but I think I was just trying to look for any reason that nothing was available. I've never had this issue when I've been on the computer right when the window opens for reservations, but I do realize its a busy time with Valentines Day and Presidents Weekend. I went ahead and tried again tonight for Sunday, Feb. 14th, 2021, and it was the same thing. Checked a few minutes early to make sure it didn't open early, and it didn't. Once I clicked it and it went to the reservation page with the lil icon thing spinning, I looked at my computer time, and it was exactly midnight, or I"m PST, so it was exactly 9:00 pm. With in 10 or 20 seconds the red writing came up saying nothing was available. I kept trying, but first couple times, same thing, it would take me to the screen to make the reservation, and within a few seconds, the red writing would come up saying nothing was available. I broadened my search to any villa type, and by 9:03 pm, PST or 12:03 EST, there were no OF available for studios, 1 bedroom or two bedrooms, only ocean views. I still find it odd, and I wonder how the system sorts it out, when so many requests for reservations are coming in at the same time?

CarpeDiem65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WDW, Westin Flex
This should be combined with the other thread on this topic. https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/w...ger-available-for-home-resort-booking.301392/

Some had luck, others didn't. I own oceanview at WKORV and oceanfront at WKORVN. I tried first to reserve my WKORVN oceanfront weeks. I was on right at midnight, and got one booking halfway through to the page where you have to put in number of guests and special requests. Then I got bumped out with a message that said the unit was no longer available. The circle was still spinning, but the message clearly said the unit was no longer available. When I signed out and restarted another booking, I got a message that I couldn't book a unit because I had a unit on hold. There was nothing I could do, but sign out and try again. By that time, no oceanfronts of any type at WKORVN were available. The only thing available was a studio at WKORV.
I had a similar issue on Wed. I tried exactly at midnight to book 8 months out an Oceanfront at WKORVN and had the exact same result. I was stuck in the Reserve. I got back in and no OF were available. I tried to book a 1bed non-OF and was told that I couldn’t because I had a unit on hold. I thought it might be because I was using my iPad to do the booking. I went to my laptop and was able to get in and book the 1bed non-OF. Last night I tried again but didn't use my iPad. I was able to book a 1bed OF and then I cancelled my previous days booking. I hadn't cancelled the previous nights reservation as I wanted to make sure I had something. This only worked because I had enough StarOptions to do both bookings at the same time.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the system sorts it out, when so many requests for reservations are coming in at the same time?

While to you or I they look like they are coming through at the same time, too the computer they are mili or Pico seconds apart. So one request will arrive at the server before the other. Flash Boys highlights how this works in electronic stock trading.

Last edited:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
CS would never know there were coding changes on the System.
If I am understanding correctly, MVC has had considerable IT problems. HW, SW or both. Time will tell.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is very possible that all IT work is being brought under one roof as Marriott looks to cut costs. Databases need lots of work to keep everything synchronized and up to date. It is possible that the new IT people are not up to speed on doing that for Vistana.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is very possible that all IT work is being brought under one roof as Marriott looks to cut costs. Databases need lots of work to keep everything synchronized and up to date. It is possible that the new IT people are not up to speed on doing that for Vistana.
But this is VAC not MAR

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I don’t know if they have merged IT however I am sure there is discussion especially it the overlay needs to convert SO into DP. Plus it’s costly to keep 2 Systems running.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Controller1 , I doubted work was being done as well, but I think I was just trying to look for any reason that nothing was available. I've never had this issue when I've been on the computer right when the window opens for reservations, but I do realize its a busy time with Valentines Day and Presidents Weekend. I went ahead and tried again tonight for Sunday, Feb. 14th, 2021, and it was the same thing. Checked a few minutes early to make sure it didn't open early, and it didn't. Once I clicked it and it went to the reservation page with the lil icon thing spinning, I looked at my computer time, and it was exactly midnight, or I"m PST, so it was exactly 9:00 pm. With in 10 or 20 seconds the red writing came up saying nothing was available. I kept trying, but first couple times, same thing, it would take me to the screen to make the reservation, and within a few seconds, the red writing would come up saying nothing was available. I broadened my search to any villa type, and by 9:03 pm, PST or 12:03 EST, there were no OF available for studios, 1 bedroom or two bedrooms, only ocean views. I still find it odd, and I wonder how the system sorts it out, when so many requests for reservations are coming in at the same time?

After you checked a few minutes early, did you close your browser and then reopen it and wait until midnight Eastern time before trying again? If not, the availability will show as zero.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
As time consuming as it is, keep checking with Vistana for units to pop up. At 3:00PM ET, I was finally able to reserve a 2/14/21 check-in for a WKORVN OF studio. I wanted a 1BR, but at this point, I'll take anything I can get.

Last edited:

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
I'm here at WKORN now (checking out tomorrow). We're in bldg. 6, which has been recently renovated (beautiful, by the way). 5 and 6 were completed a few months ago; they said starting next month they will begin renovating 7 and 8, and it should take about 2 months to complete.