• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Researching a resale purchase of Villa Del Palmar

beach_bumz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in learning more about VDP and purchasing a resale for stays at Loreto. We own a small Worldmark account and have no problem renting points as needed, and make lots of reservations using Monday Madness, Inventory Specials, as well as Flex and Bonus time. Is there a similar type of account with VDP?

I've seen charts of VDP points required for certain resorts and room size. If I buy a studio size account, can I just rent points from another owner to make a 2 week booking or upgrade to a 1 bedroom at Loreto?

I've also seen several mentions about buying a points membership and having it revert to a weeks/premier membership which is the worst to own (and I read somewhere that Loreto isn't included in premier). So then you don't use points to book? It's just a 7 day stay once a year?

So it appears there's points and weeks memberships. I'm only interested in Loreto and not sure if any of the VDP memberships exclude that resort. I've been able to exchange through II but would like the ability to go for 2 weeks at a time several times a year, even last minute. Are there any last minute opportunities, as with WM's bonus time? I've seen on Facebook they occasionally advertise BOGO at various resorts.

Also, I've read to buy a gold membership. Is this points or weeks?

There were quite a few on ebay the past few months and I was watching them and several of them went for $1500-$2000 and several went for next to nothing. One mentioned "Gold" - and it wasn't one of the higher priced ones.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
I bought an existing Villa contract about 6 months ago, and it has worked out great for me. The truth is, there are so many rules about what transfers and what doesn't, I would get in contact with resortcom to verify what that contract will transfer as. There are so many different types of contracts out there, i think it is better just to research the ones you would consider buying, rather than trying to understand the system in general. I have been a Villa member for 10 years, and I feel like i learn something new every 3-6 months.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Also, I've read to buy a gold membership. Is this points or weeks?

You are looking for a gold winter week with the 18- prefix. A membership with the 16- prefix does not include Loreto. For me, anything less than a 1 bed unit doesn't work but it might be fine for others. I would check with resortcom to be certain that Loreto is included.

If you find a points membership you will need to check with resortcom if the the membership doesn't revert to a floating week with a home resort. I left a link to the governing docs below.

Bill

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a previous thread on tug regarding various VDP memberships.

I purchased a VDP Cancun (account number starting with 26) and can confirm that I am able to book Loreto

Last edited:

beach_bumz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The truth is, there are so many rules about what transfers and what doesn't, I would get in contact with resortcom to verify what that contract will transfer as. There are so many different types of contracts out there, i think it is better just to research the ones you would consider buying, rather than trying to understand the system in general.

Thank you - that's what I'm doing. Between the tug marketplace and Redweek, I've found a few and have reached out to see if I can contact resortcom to ask some questions about the type of contract.

You are looking for a gold winter week with the 18- prefix. A membership with the 16- prefix does not include Loreto. For me, anything less than a 1 bed unit doesn't work but it might be fine for others. I would check with resortcom to be certain that Loreto is included.

If you find a points membership you will need to check with resortcom if the the membership doesn't revert to a floating week with a home resort. I left a link to the governing docs below.

Bill

EXCELLENT info! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Here's a previous thread on tug regarding various VDP memberships.

I purchased a VDP Cancun (account number starting with 26) and can confirm that I am able to book Loreto

Thanks! Great information there. I really appreciate it.