• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescission question

Bregs0223

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Does Wyndham typically acknowledge that they received your rescission letter? I know they don’t have to by law, but saw that some people posted that they received an email.

I also had to put $0 down, so if they don’t have to confirm rescission, I am not sure how I know it went through! I got my certified mail confirmation back. Does the $$ just not go on the credit card? Thanks in advance!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Assume the rescission is processed and go on about your life. The law requires that they process any timely rescission. There is no reason to assume they'll ignore the law. You may not get any recognition of the fact- and they might even send a 'Welcome To Wyndham' letter. Ignore it. You're safe. Go forth and sin- (or buy developer timeshares) no more.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Wyndham typically acknowledge that they received your rescission letter? I know they don’t have to by law, but saw that some people posted that they received an email.

I also had to put $0 down, so if they don’t have to confirm rescission, I am not sure how I know it went through! I got my certified mail confirmation back. Does the $$ just not go on the credit card? Thanks in advance!

There is no requirement for them to notify the buyer of receipt of the rescission, however they are required by law to act on it.

You already know that they received it and assuming you mailed it in a timely manner then your request will be granted.

You made the correct move. Go celebrate. :hi: :banana::cheer:

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

They don’t acknowledge. As long as you got confirmation and copies of the rescission letter, you are good.

To track how much TS owners saved on TUG, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming.

Bregs0223

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thank you everyone! They actually did send me an email (that expires after 14 days) letting me know that my rescission was granted. With everything going on with covid19 & possibly losing my job, etc.... the amount of relief I have right now is insurmountable. I am happy I found this community before it was too late! You guys are great! Good luck to you all and stay safe.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you everyone! They actually did send me an email (that expires after 14 days) letting me know that my rescission was granted. With everything going on with covid19 & possibly losing my job, etc.... the amount of relief I have right now is insurmountable. I am happy I found this community before it was too late! You guys are great! Good luck to you all and stay safe.
I am glad to hear. Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission or the purchase price of the TS?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We hope that your rescission went well. To track rescission on TUG, mind sharing the purchase price of the rescinded TS? As half of tuggers initially bought developer TSs, there is no shame involved.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We hope that your rescission went well. To track rescission on TUG, mind sharing the purchase price of the rescinded TS? As half of tuggers initially bought developer TSs, there is no shame involved.
I think we should refuse help until they give us how much they paid first haha, they get their answers and never come back.

Megleah87xx

Reaction score

What great news! I’m waiting on mine to be finalized as we speak. I just sent my recission letter mailed certified to the Vegas address listed on my contract on 3/25 (which happened to be the last day the 10 day rescission period since we bought in Florida). my husband called Club Wyndham and their financial dept yesterday to make sure it was being processed and the rep confirmed that it was. She said that we should be refunded in a couple of week as well as receive an email confirmation. My question to you is about how many days did it take for you to receive your confirmation email from Wyndham saying that your recission was granted? Rescinding was the best decision in my life, can’t wait till this is all over, certainly a lesson learned. Saved $19,500.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
What great news! I’m waiting on mine to be finalized as we speak. I just sent my recission letter mailed certified to the Vegas address listed on my contract on 3/25 (which happened to be the last day the 10 day rescission period since we bought in Florida). my husband called Club Wyndham and their financial dept yesterday to make sure it was being processed and the rep confirmed that it was. She said that we should be refunded in a couple of week as well as receive an email confirmation. My question to you is about how many days did it take for you to receive your confirmation email from Wyndham saying that your recission was granted? Rescinding was the best decision in my life, can’t wait till this is all over, certainly a lesson learned. Saved $19,500.
Congratulations on the savings.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Refund can take as long as 45 days though likely sooner. You can call the credit card company and tell them about the rescission. Once the refund comes back, you can close the card.

raenap

Reaction score

What number did your husband call to speak to someone?
We signed on Saturday 9/5. Realized on Monday 9/7 we needed to rescind (Labor Day so it was a holiday).
9/8 Expressed Mailed it to the physical address on Tuesday (arrived Thursday 9/10)
9/9 Fed Ex to physical address on Wednesday (arrived Friday 9/11)
9/10 Certified Mail on Thursday to PO Box just to be safe
I just want to know they received it. I have signed confirmation from USPS & Fed Ex but my worried stomach won't let me be at peace with this.

Saved $16,125

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What number did your husband call to speak to someone?
We signed on Saturday 9/5. Realized on Monday 9/7 we needed to rescind (Labor Day so it was a holiday).
9/8 Expressed Mailed it to the physical address on Tuesday (arrived Thursday 9/10)
9/9 Fed Ex to physical address on Wednesday (arrived Friday 9/11)
9/10 Certified Mail on Thursday to PO Box just to be safe
I just want to know they received it. I have signed confirmation from USPS & Fed Ex but my worried stomach won't let me be at piece with this.

Saved $16,125
You should be fine. Do make sure that you mailed to The rescission and not sales office address. Also make sure whoever signed the TS contract also signed the rescission letter.

raenap

Reaction score
You should be fine. Do make sure that you mailed to The rescission and not sales office address. Also make sure whoever signed the TS contract also signed the rescission letter.

Thank You!
We both signed the TS contract and rescission letter. I mailed it to the Rescission Department that was listed in the contract.

Attachments

• 1600014671783.png
    1600014671783.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 32