• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescission Of contract

Bregs0223

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hi I have been reading a bunch. I was persuaded yesterday into signing a contract. I am having regrets and will be rescinding. Per my contract I have a 7 day window. I followed one of the templates on how to write a rescission letter (thank you!) & have the address. My question is what page of my 65 page contract should I include when mailing it out certified mail? I will be including the page stating the 9state law and 7 days”. But what else signature page wise should I include? Thank you!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a copy of the signature page and one showing an identifying number so that they can find the contract and easily see that you are the buyer(s). It needn't be complicated.

Bregs0223

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Just a copy of the signature page and one showing an identifying number so that they can find the contract and easily see that you are the buyer(s). It needn't be complicated.

Thanks for your reply! There are so many signature pages & im confused! I’ve narrowed it down though to the following if you have any guidance:
-Quality assurance review (which includes my fees and what I owe payment wise)
-acknowledgement receipt for disclosure documents
-ownership certificate
- affidavit of identity (which he notarized)
-certificate of complet

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know that any of them are actually required. But just for your peace of mind, how about a copy of the one that was notarized. What you send is less important than that you send the letter that you want out of the contract and the date.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi I have been reading a bunch. I was persuaded yesterday into signing a contract. I am having regrets and will be rescinding. Per my contract I have a 7 day window. I followed one of the templates on how to write a rescission letter (thank you!) & have the address. My question is what page of my 65 page contract should I include when mailing it out certified mail? I will be including the page stating the 9state law and 7 days”. But what else signature page wise should I include? Thank you!
Just send to the Las Vegas address. If you bought in NY or Orlando, you may also want to send to the Orlando address as well. Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?

Attachments

• 2564CAE2-16EF-4BE8-8B42-94765AF294C6.jpeg
    2564CAE2-16EF-4BE8-8B42-94765AF294C6.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 3B14BA14-34BE-4765-AC59-A7832738C29C.jpeg
    3B14BA14-34BE-4765-AC59-A7832738C29C.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 13

Bregs0223

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Just send to the Las Vegas address. If you bought in NY or Orlando, you may also want to send to the Orlando address as well. Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?
Hi thanks! I live in NYC but bought it in PA. My contract (That i had to ask for 10 times & finally got) says to send to Las Vegas, do you think I should also email it? I just am unsure what else to send along with it (will be sending as well the form you sent me so I am letting them know I know how long I have).

ii want to make sure I am completely covering all my steps as I am very upset with myself for falling for it all!!! Hahaahah

And i would save about $20k + fees

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi thanks! I live in NYC but bought it in PA. My contract (That i had to ask for 10 times & finally got) says to send to Las Vegas, do you think I should also email it? I just am unsure what else to send along with it (will be sending as well the form you sent me so I am letting them know I know how long I have).

ii want to make sure I am completely covering all my steps as I am very upset with myself for falling for it all!!! Hahaahah

Send USPS certified to the Las Vegas address then. You can also email it, but I think the email is only good in California. It can't hurt, as long as you send USPS certified. If you and your SO both bought the TS letter, both need to have their names on and sign the rescission letter. The sooner you send USPS, the better.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

No, just the letter is sufficient. The rescission process is very simple really and if you comply with the instructions in your contract--that is, just a simple letter indicating that you're exercising your right to rescind within the specified time frame--they are required by law to refund all your money. Don't take any phone calls from them and try to patiently wait for the process to run its course. They don't have to acknowledge your letter and it may take up to 45 days to receive your refund, but it usually is faster than that. Just get that letter mailed certified today.