• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescission of BlueGreeen Purchased 7/21/18 Need help!

Reaction score
Hello to all who can help,

My wife and I went in saying no way we are going to purchase into a timeshare we are here for our almost free trip and gift cards. Well after 3.5 hours we ended up purchasing 5k blugreen w/charter points for $13050.00 after starting off at 46k for 20k points. After two days of reading and learning about timeshares I know we made a mistake and now wish to rescind our purchase. Tonight I debated on driving back to Tenn. from Ohio to hand deliver the letter tomorrow but I decided that was a little extreme. My question is as follows we purchased our points to a resort in Charleston South Carolina. Given we live in OHIO and purchased our timeshare in Tenn. but were given a deed address in S.C. what recession state law do I qualify under? OH. Tenn. or S.C.? I am at the three day deadline for ohio

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG in time to rescind, you saved yourself $13 grand!

two items at play here:

1. the rescission law for the state you SIGNED the sales contract in applies for the rescission period.
2. follow the directions to the letter in the section of the signed sales contract on how to rescind correctly and get the letter out first thing in the morning!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hello to all who can help,

My wife and I went in saying no way we are going to purchase into a timeshare we are here for our almost free trip and gift cards. Well after 3.5 hours we ended up purchasing 5k blugreen w/charter points for $13050.00 after starting off at 46k for 20k points. After two days of reading and learning about timeshares I know we made a mistake and now wish to rescind our purchase. Tonight I debated on driving back to Tenn. from Ohio to hand deliver the letter tomorrow but I decided that was a little extreme. My question is as follows we purchased our points to a resort in Charleston South Carolina. Given we live in OHIO and purchased our timeshare in Tenn. but were given a deed address in S.C. what recession state law do I qualify under? OH. Tenn. or S.C.? I am at the three day deadline for ohio
Hi, welcome to Tug. Congratulations on finding us in time to save yourself 13k.

Make sure to certify your letter for tracking.

I hope you stick around and learn about timesharing. It can be wonderful experience if you get what you need at the right price in resale, many times it is free.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The state where you sign the contract determines the 'cooling off' period. Wording of the letter is not important as long as it expresses that you want to rescind. Every person who signed the contract must sign the letter.

Send a COPY of the signature page for ID purposes. Tell them that promotional materials will be returned on request.

TUG recommends you send it USPS Certified unless your contract says something else.

That's all there is to it. Refund of down payment might take up to 45 days, and they don't have to tell you.

Jim

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the help TUGBrian, Panina and Jim. We are sending a notary stamped letter today via certified mail and the little bag with the book and cds as a separate flat rate package. Our parents both own multiple timeshares and we have stayed at some wonderful places with Sharaton, Westgate and Wyndham. We never really asked for details on the timeshares our parents own, just that they have owned them many years. We already are set to inherit some time from both god forbid that day. So after hearing the sales pitch for BG we decided if the payment was fair we would do it, all was great we left and I started looking deeper at what we just bought. I stumbled across multiple for sale post for cheap points and some pricey points. Then I found out about the secondary market and how I could pick up points free, cheap or just pay closing and MF. Thank you so much for all the information you just saved me a fortune and a lot of headache.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are sending a notary stamped letter today via certified mail and the little bag with the book and cds as a separate flat rate package.

...Our parents both own multiple timeshares and we have stayed at some wonderful places with Sharaton, Westgate and Wyndham. We never really asked for details on the timeshares our parents own, just that they have owned them many years. We already are set to inherit some time from both god forbid that day.

Using a notary is an unnecessary expense. You do not need to notarize it. Just make sure that all parties who signed the contract sign the rescission letter.

As for what your parents own, if you are thinking about inheriting their timeshares, I would discuss with them what they own and make sure that that is what you want. Remember, neither you, your siblings (if you have any), nor anyone else is force to inherit an unwanted timeshare. So as an aside, if you decide that you do not want to inherit what your parents own, I would make that clear to them now and review what will be done with their TSs should that unfortunate time come.

Reaction score
Using a notary is an unnecessary expense. You do not need to notarize it. Just make sure that all parties who signed the contract sign the rescission letter.

As for what your parents own, if you are thinking about inheriting their timeshares, I would discuss with them what they own and make sure that that is what you want. Remember, neither you, your siblings (if you have any), nor anyone else is force to inherit an unwanted timeshare. So as an aside, if you decide that you do not want to inherit what your parents own, I would make that clear to them now and review what will be done with their TSs should that unfortunate time come.

I figured it may have been overkill but some of the post regarding letters sent mentioned it so I got it notarized for free from my bank.

That's a differently something worth looking into, we necessarily do not want to take over a bad timeshare we cant use or want. Thanks for the response LannyPC

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I figured it may have been overkill but some of the post regarding letters sent mentioned it so I got it notarized for free from my bank.

That's a differently something worth looking into, we necessarily do not want to take over a bad timeshare we cant use or want. Thanks for the response LannyPC
there are some free Bluegreen timeshares here on TUG right now. Depending on where you live in OH the Tennessee or Boyne Michigan Bluegreen resorts would be the closest ones to you. I am a platinum Bluegreen owner and can help with any questions you may have. AL Mrock.